News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Roland CY Triple Trigger with 2box?

Started by samfin1991, March 02, 2015, 02:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samfin1991

Hey all,
I recently picked up a second hand 2box MK1 and have a Roland CY13R triple trigger ride left over from my TD20.
Is there any way the 2box module can utilise the triple trigger without using up two inputs? The ride has two outputs, one for bow and edge, one for the bell. I can get them to work using two inputs, but seems like a waste of an input.

Is there any way I can run it off the one input? I've tried a 2 into 1 Jack cable and that just gave the single bow sound (I think it actually just merged the two into one).
Cheers!

Jman

Quote from: samfin1991 on March 02, 2015, 02:29:39 AM
Hey all,
I recently picked up a second hand 2box MK1 and have a Roland CY13R triple trigger ride left over from my TD20.
Is there any way the 2box module can utilise the triple trigger without using up two inputs? The ride has two outputs, one for bow and edge, one for the bell. I can get them to work using two inputs, but seems like a waste of an input.

Is there any way I can run it off the one input? I've tried a 2 into 1 Jack cable and that just gave the single bow sound (I think it actually just merged the two into one).
Cheers!
Hi, this has been covered in other threads: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,2398.msg20675.html#msg20675
If you have an open cymbal input on your module you can use the CY-13R as a crash by setting it to CyEdg trigger type in the module and using the Bow/Edge output of the cymbal. That will give you Bow/Edge/Choke. If you want to use it as a ride you can set the trigger type to CyCup in the module and use the Bow/Bell output of the cymbal. That will give you Bow/Bell no choke. CyCup or CyEdg are the trigger types that are most compatible with Roland cymbals.

You can add additional pads or cymbals when all the inputs are filled by splitting the tom inputs. The result of splitting the tom inputs is 2 single zones instead of one dual zone.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/