News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box looking for beta testers for the new OS update!

Started by nocturnodrummer, February 26, 2015, 04:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jman

Yup, I've got it. Sworn to secrecy for now, Beta test version...... But it has some sweet new features. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet though. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

ANGR77

Sounds real interesting...i have also sent a mail and nominated myself to be a beta tester....:-)
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

edtc

Jman

Been testing the new beta for the last hour or so, I like.

fulrmr

I really wanted to do this but My kit's packed up at the moment so there really wasn't any need to volunteer. :( Can't wait to seen what's on the horizon though.  ;)

Murgen

--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

jeff42

I want to and I am really interested in some of the improvements  they are working on but I doubt I will have a ton of time outside gigging for the next few weeks. One thing I don't want to do is beta test the OS at a gig.

Jman

Quote from: jeff42 on February 27, 2015, 03:08:01 PM
I want to and I am really interested in some of the improvements  they are working on but I doubt I will have a ton of time outside gigging for the next few weeks. One thing I don't want to do is beta test the OS at a gig.
Yeah, you should wait, but just a FYI. When it comes time to update. You simply keep everything that is presently on your module and add the new files. Afterward you simply push 2 buttons while your module is on and select the Drumit.dkit that you already had on your module (which will be the top choice in the list) and all your kits and settings will be unchanged, exactly the way they were. From then on when you start your module it will start up just like you have it. Plus you will have all the new features and parameters available. J  whoops, did I leak a new feature?

jeff42

LOL I am looking forward to this... and whatever other new thingies they did. I am settling into my 2box module nicely. Tonight will be the 2nd gig with it.

yzf125

ANGR77

Has anybody got a reply on the beta invite from 2Box? (Except the hardworking lucky Jman)

Yzf125 - seriously would a reverb really make a difference on your future shopping list for an e-drum module?

Angr77
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Jman

Quote from: ANGR77 on February 28, 2015, 07:10:20 PM
Has anybody got a reply on the beta invite from 2Box? (Except the hardworking lucky Jman)

Yzc125 - seriously would a reverb really make a difference in your future shopping list for an e-drum module?

Angr77
Not sure if it is luck or the bribes I offer to Bengt......  ;) ;D Just kidding of course.

Just to chime in with another Reverb point. With Lustar's latest Drumit Manager specifically Dsound Tuner you can add Reverb to any DSND ..... granted it is not on the fly in the module, but the option is there.

Personally I have never missed a Reverb option as I build a lot of DSNDs from VST software and there are so many options in the mixer and effects sections when building the sounds I just build them how I want them with the program's high quality studio effects if that is what I am looking for. Many times I build a Dry version and a Wet version of the same kit, Dry that would be better suited for recording and the Wet version for fun. There is really no limit how many different sounds you can build from VST software. Almost anything you could imagine.
I know you are well acquainted with VST mixing Angr77, so this info isn't really geared to you ..... just restating what I have already mentioned in the past.....  Personally I am so sick of the on-board Ambiance and Verb sounds from the other "major" brand Edrum modules ...... I definitely prefer a high quality open sound source module!!!

geo

Name, address and phone number to test a beta OS? Decisions, decisions...

nocturnodrummer

They will come and invade your house  ;D I was also confused at first but decided to do it. Waiting for their response.