News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box acoustic drum triggers coming?

Started by cymbalism, March 02, 2014, 06:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

welshsteve

This is good news. Last year I toured the UK with a rockshow (www.circusofhorrors.co.uk) and I triggered a 2box module with my own custom sounds I made in Logic trying to get the Def Leppard/Mutt Lang snare and kick. I got pretty close!!!
Anyway, the module triggered very very well with the Ddrum triggers, no dampening needed at all except on the kick drum. But damn were they brittle! Within a few weeks they all started breaking, not just wiring breakages, but the piezo elements cracking.
So I bought the Chrome Elite set, they seemed a lot more robust to the eye. They weren't! So then I bought some Trigger Perfect ones direct from Pintech. They have a fast transducer replacement system where there's no soldering required, I replaced a transducer between songs in a show. The downside with these is that I had to muffle ALL the drums down so much, I missed the acoustic sound mixed with the samples that I had with the Ddrum ones.
I got in contact with 2box who said they have their own line coming soon. I was very excited to know this. So are they available yet and has anyone used them and can vouch for their reliability?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

wildhorse5678

Last week i contacted 2Box for an update and was told that stock had arrived (in Germany). And they were due to be distributed soon. They said they would ask my regional distributor to let me know prices and where i can get them. Not sure why stock is in germany rather than Sweden but im keeping an eye on the Thomann.de website as i suspect they could well be a key stockist, and i note that they are currently  out of stock of TDrum triggers so may be replacing these with 2box triggers

Dänoh

I can confirm this - the 2box Triggers seem to be live!

From the (translated) press-release:

Quote"The swedish company 2Box, which emerged on the scene after the the 'DDRUM'-brand had been sold, has now introduced two new drum triggers to trigger electronic sounds using acoustic drums: a Kick model to trigger the bass drum and a stereo model for snare and toms.

Of course, these two triggers have been developed with the already well-known and established DrumIt Five sound module in mind, which in turn simultaneously will receive a firmware update to allow optimum settings for the new triggers."

Prices in Euros:

Stereo-Trigger 66â,¬
Kick-Trigger 77â,¬
Trigger-Set: 299â,¬

HTH

Dänoh

Apparently, they are called 'TRIGIT' triggers, and they already have their own webpage on the (somewhat new) 'open sound system'-website:

http://open-sound-system.com/trigit-acoustic-drum-trigger/

(...that's the website with all the tutorial-videos posted previously!)

;)
HTH

wildhorse5678

Thomann.de have now got them listed on their website with delivery expected 2 to 5 days.

Dänoh

They are listed on the Drum-Tec website as well

http://www.drum-tec.de/triggers-2box-c-47_245.html

and they've also got this nifty conversion-kit ...which hopefully will include TRIGIT-triggers in the near future!  ;)

http://www.drum-tec.de/2box-drum-it-five-ddrum-dual-trigger-kit-complete-p-2657.html

HTH
8)