News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

First Gig With 2box

Started by jeff42, February 07, 2015, 02:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff42

i have a message into where i bought it from. thanks. frustrating but you guys have helped alot!

rush1234

Quote from: fulrmr on February 07, 2015, 10:22:13 PM
The HH control board has the hall sensor integrated to it and is how the HH functions

Thanks for the reply .. i have the Jman Stealth so i am save ))

jeff42

I am going to try and get jmans mod set up in a way that there is NO way I'm losing that magnet! LOL. Havent heard back from 2box yet on my hihat issue though

jeff42

2box says, send the hi hat back to them. they will install a new improved sensor that should take care of the problem... Sweet. I am not giving up on the 2box yet!

fulrmr

Quote from: jeff42 on February 11, 2015, 02:09:51 AM
2box says, send the hi hat back to them. they will install a new improved sensor that should take care of the problem... Sweet. I am not giving up on the 2box yet!

New and improved?! Cool. 8) :rock:

jeff42

Hopefully it will be "improved" I guess we shall see.

The Jman Box is finally mounted properly and I have been using it all week with no problems. I used jb weld on the magnet on the bottom of my hihat. I don't think that little guy is going anywhere!

I also ordered a few back up magnets just in case somehow I lose it.... ya never know! - THANKS to Jman for all the help!

So my plan is keep the 2box hihat as a back up and try everything again. I think the dumb move by me was trying to use the 2box hhat as my primary- yeah didnt work out LOL.

I also made a kit that triggers a closed HiHat sound and I can use a pd-8 if needed- something I can switch to in the middle of a gig in an emergency. Plus I will ALWAYS carry a spare roland module. (I own a td-4, td-6 & 12) I am going to sell the 12. Not sure if I'm keeping the 6 or the 4.

fulrmr

Cool. Having "back up gear" is always a good idea. I saw the pic of the 2Box module stuffed in a bag earlier. If it were me I would find a more appropriate padded case for transport. I would also get a trunk or crate from walmart(or somewhere) and some foam to "build" a custom gig "box" specifically for just my back up gear so I would know exactly where all my "go to" stuff is in an emergency. Hopefully you never have to use it but then it would be quite safe to drag along to all the gigs until it's needed. I'd also pull stuff out every few weeks or so and test it just to make sure it's still functioning. It's a good habit to get into for peace of mind and reliability.

ANGR77

I also reacted on the rather loose and arrogant transportation :D where the hihat sensor (magnet) ended up at the singers mic stand....this type of handling could have caused the hi-hat problems and the sensor board to break.

Keep the mechanical stuff packed and safe and you will rock!

Best regards

Angr77
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

jeff42

no the module just sat half out of that case during the gig kind of making a point for the picture i took. I packed it securely with the rest of my gear at the end of the show.

and the magnet ended up on the mic stand I assume cuz it was packed with the hihat stand cuz all the stands were packed together. not sure how or why it came loose but it did... but now it wont.

jeff42

Well the 2nd gig with the 2box was a success. WAY better than my first try!!!! The drums sounded great through a nice PA in a big room. Jman's hihat box didnt let me down although I need to tweak it more. Seems like some of my lighter hihat hits were not registering as loud (or at all)  as I am used to with my TD-12. Its just a matter of adjusting the module and the hihat box I am sure. Even had a guy sit in for a song so I could go out into the room and REALLY get to hear them. Thanks everyone for all your feedback as I have been struggling to get this module RIGHT. More questions will be coming I am sure.

Murgen

Just saw your post on DigitalDrummer, good for you!
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

jeff42

Other than the Hihat triggering needing adjusting, its just a matter of tweaking the sounds through the mixer so everything can sound the best it can. I am FINALLY becoming happy with my 2box purchase.

Jman

Quote from: jeff42 on February 15, 2015, 05:19:57 AM
Well the 2nd gig with the 2box was a success. WAY better than my first try!!!! The drums sounded great through a nice PA in a big room. Jman's hihat box didnt let me down although I need to tweak it more. Seems like some of my lighter hihat hits were not registering as loud (or at all)  as I am used to with my TD-12. Its just a matter of adjusting the module and the hihat box I am sure. Even had a guy sit in for a song so I could go out into the room and REALLY get to hear them. Thanks everyone for all your feedback as I have been struggling to get this module RIGHT. More questions will be coming I am sure.
Glad you got better results. In the module, like any module, you have trigger parameters you can adjust for the HH cymbal. Threshold, Gain, etc.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

jeff42

thanks jman yeah I messed around with it during our 1st break and got better results but didn't really have the time to really experiment. That will happen this week though... The fine tuning. See, my roll in this band is not typical compared to many of drummers I know... They just show up and play... Me, not so much.

On top of being the drummer I am also the booking agent/ manager/ person to talk to about everything for the band so I got pulled away to work on some lucrative private gigs during our breaks. LOL

I do have to say I LOVE your hihat box Jman! awesome stuff!

fulrmr

Quote from: jeff42 on February 15, 2015, 03:30:53 PM
Other than the Hihat triggering needing adjusting, its just a matter of tweaking the sounds through the mixer so everything can sound the best it can. I am FINALLY becoming happy with my 2box purchase.

Excellent!...and it only gets better from here. ;)