News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Setting up editor for Mac

Started by Anvil123, January 25, 2015, 09:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anvil123

Hi Everyone,

Swallowing my pride revealing my ignorance about my Mac and setting up kit editor.  Have setting up routing for outputs, setting up new interface, etc... ok time to get into customizing kits for recording... up until now have tweaked stock kits only, plus customized kits for pad parameters in individual kits in the module... have not used kit editor yet... yes true, I admit it... did I mess up?  How did I mess up?

Downloaded kit editor for Mac, read every thread I could find and betting that I am just not getting a simple step.... kit editor is there, but only a kick drum is displayed?

I dragged and dropped 2box logo into applications... I see drum kit pieces listed, but only a kick drum... not a full kit?  selected drumit.dkit file but it will not open... anyone know what I am missing or what to do to simply get editor going?

Yes I have learned a lot here, but now am totally stumped... I am spending SOOOOO much time... any help please? :)

Anvil123

Hi Drum 2 and all,

Video for newbies did help... got kits displayed finally... now how to navigate :)

Now I have decisions... should I spent the rest of my life learning and setting up the perfect kits?  Need to record... so I will watch the rest of the videos.

Quick note... probably simple... I have created custom kits, plus parameters in those kits on my current 2box module... is it possible and easy to save those kits with  parameters on to module after I do the mod again? 

Or maybe for now, so I can get recording... if I can figure out how to get Warlord kit on to current module and customize it... that may suffice.

I read what you guys do and the depth that you build your kits... would be nice if I could simply add another snare for depth as well... anyway I will watch videos... my time is so limited, kids, work, bills, life :) and holy crap.. today is my 50th.. OMG Birthday... time to get to recording.

Thanks everyone here!  Cheers

Jman

Quote from: Anvil123 on January 27, 2015, 12:02:21 AM
Hi Drum 2 and all,

Video for newbies did help... got kits displayed finally... now how to navigate :)

Now I have decisions... should I spent the rest of my life learning and setting up the perfect kits?  Need to record... so I will watch the rest of the videos.

Quick note... probably simple... I have created custom kits, plus parameters in those kits on my current 2box module... is it possible and easy to save those kits with  parameters on to module after I do the mod again? 

Or maybe for now, so I can get recording... if I can figure out how to get Warlord kit on to current module and customize it... that may suffice.

I read what you guys do and the depth that you build your kits... would be nice if I could simply add another snare for depth as well... anyway I will watch videos... my time is so limited, kids, work, bills, life :) and holy crap.. today is my 50th.. OMG Birthday... time to get to recording.

Thanks everyone here!  Cheers
First thing you should do is copy all the content from your 2Box module to your computer. That way you have everything backed up. Then you can remove some stuff if you want but still have a backup of all your original files. If you want to make room for the Warlord kit, or another snare, etc. you can delete some files from your module. If you don't play along with the songs you can take that folder off your card. Or other instruments, or loops, if you are sure you won't use them.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Anvil123

Thanks again Jman.

Got it.  And thanks for being easy on me... in my own way, I have come a long way way.  First smart phone 3 years ago.

after a ten year hiatus from drums -  first edrums in 2010: Dtxplorer, pintech, sonic, Yamaha DTXtreme 1, DTXpress 2,3, iis, TD6, TD8, Alesis DM10... tried out TD30... bought 2box whoo hoo!

for anyone not buying new 2box acoustic triggers, or building their own, Quartzpercussions are really good and affordable... I triggered a pearl rythm traveller, plus a couple other drums and also have pintech tom converted to kick with foam and pearl kick/tom converter.

Now setting up revised home recording studio.

Keep on rockin or jazzin or mettalin about :)

Jman

Glad to help. And congrats on going with 2Box, I think it is the greatest system out there at any price. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/