News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Update!

Started by nonoduweb, April 13, 2015, 11:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonoduweb

Murgen

Quote from: nonoduweb on April 13, 2015, 11:20:58 AM
New O.S. 1.30 released!

http://www.2box.se/World/pages/os-update/

:animal:

Nice, Bengt requested us to wait for the word but it is there! Hurray!
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

rush1234

Some cool new things in there  .. favo kit ... and mask time )))

ANGR77

Switching between different setups is very useful function also!

Great to see Bengt and the team released it!

Best regards

Angr77
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Jman

I like all the new features. My drums were already triggering nice ...... but with the new trigger parameters I have setup my snare with Pad12 for head and XRim for the rim. That works great for me. My Pad12 head settings pick up all the lightest ghost notes on the head and still have the rim sensitive to light taps, but never have any accidental rim sounds when playing the head..... I love improvements like this ..... Great new trigger parameter choices.

Changing trigger banks while the module is on is also cool. I really didn't setup multiple trigger banks on the module before this. But now it's great. One example: When I was testing I decided to test multiple types of Edrums, When I would test a different type than the kit I normally play I would setup a new trigger bank and label it according to the drum type. Then you simply press More and Kit simultaneously and switch to a different trigger bank when you switch drums or kits. Nice!

Also nice to be able to start up with whatever kit in your module you prefer. One example of how that made it nice for me is I keep all of the original kits and instruments from the 2Box module plus the extra 2Box kits and instruments from the website on each of my cards. But my kits I have built from VSTs take up most of the remaining space. In the past if I wanted to have one of my VST kits at the startup position I would trade it into one of the top 100 spots ..... Now I can just keep them in the extra kit spots and if I want to start from the VST kit I simply use the Save Favorite feature ..... nice.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

fulrmr

very cool. I can't wait to to do this update....... once I unpack my modules.....whenever the studio is finished ::)

Murgen

Mask solved my issue on some kicks. I usually play heel up on 628 mesh on my kick with a wooden beater and had a double trigger now and then. With Mask on 1 no more. So easy.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

rush1234

for me also no dubbetriggers with mask one  ,i have the orriginal 2box ply ,i dont like the 682  on the kick ,only on the snare and tight up is nice  now lets see to get better rim on the snare .

doctorwho68

Very good update! :D This comes right in perfect time... it solves a major issue (to me) with double snare "rim-pad" hits... I'm not so professional, so at times I hit rimshot with a little anticipation... now these double hits are suppressed (I noticed that by default new mask parameter is set to 2 for all rims).
Well done, 2box!
Still there are little minus points... pity that you can't set an added kit as favorite one (as you can't rename it from menu). Another one missing is the possibility to set Tom4 pad as cymbal one... I don't think it's a hardware limit, should have been simple to implement for coders.
However, a big "bravo" to 2box technicians and, of course, our good beta testers around.  ;)

Jman

Quote from: doctorwho68 on April 14, 2015, 05:31:40 PM
Very good update! :D This comes right in perfect time... it solves a major issue (to me) with double snare "rim-pad" hits... I'm not so professional, so at times I hit rimshot with a little anticipation... now these double hits are suppressed (I noticed that by default new mask parameter is set to 2 for all rims).
Well done, 2box!
Still there are little minus points... pity that you can't set an added kit as favorite one (as you can't rename it from menu). Another one missing is the possibility to set Tom4 pad as cymbal one... I don't think it's a hardware limit, should have been simple to implement for coders.
However, a big "bravo" to 2box technicians and, of course, our good beta testers around.  ;)
You can save any kit as your Favo kit that includes extra kits beyond 100 that you added to the module. You just can't rename the Kits beyond 100 in the module. Those kits will be named whatever you named them when you added them to the module. And to my knowledge it is a hardware thing on the inputs. There are Piezo/Piezo inputs and Piezo/Switch inputs. So an OS update won't change that.

doctorwho68

Thanks Jman for your info. Nevertheless, I tried and just can't save any kit beyond 100 as favo. Maybe my fault? Really strange.
By the way, Jerry: thanks again for your precious adapter... my HiHat VH-12 works flawlessly, and better than my previous TD-20X module!  ;)

Jman

Just a little hint to those that are have done the 32GB external mod kit .... with the card in a reader on the computer simply drag n drop the files as described in the 2Box instructions to the "Root" of the card (Root/Top folder is important). For me I simply look at the drive letters and drop the files on the drive letter for that card reader. You do not need to delete the old OS from the card, as the 2Box module will choose the latest OS on bootup. Hope it helps.

Jman

Quote from: doctorwho68 on April 14, 2015, 06:30:19 PM
Thanks Jman for your info. Nevertheless, I tried and just can't save any kit beyond 100 as favo. Maybe my fault? Really strange.
By the way, Jerry: thanks again for your precious adapter... my HiHat VH-12 works flawlessly, and better than my previous TD-20X module!  ;)
Cool, glad you are liking it!

On the new trigger banks included with the OS the Save function is set to Off by default. Make sure you set that to ON. Because it is definitely possible to use the Favo save for kits past 100. That was the case on the beta and also on the final 1.30.

BertS

Hy,
I'm very happy with the new OS. I did some DIY things : A to E a snare and rototoms, with selfmade triggers. And something with several rubber pads with selfmade triggers. With the new features i can make very good adjustments.
Also the Ring Kit selection is very good. You go from kit no 100, direct to kit no 1.

Thank you 2Box team.
Also thank you Lustar for the new features in DrumIt Manager

Greats BerS