News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Weird cymbal issue

Started by MaartenV, December 27, 2014, 11:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaartenV

Hey guys,

I am having some troubles with a 2 box cymbal pad. When I hit the edge to crash it, I get little to no response (as in: I don't hear the crash sound, but sometimes I hear a light bow or bell hit). I've checked everything; changed the cables, tried another input, etc.

So the problem is the pad itself. I've checked the cymbal and the rubber is still intact and sitting in its place, and so are the "teeth".

Anyone got a solution?

Greetz

MaartenV

tower of p

Hi Maarten.
Has it ever been working correctly?

Jman

Quote from: MaartenV on December 27, 2014, 11:24:05 AM
Hey guys,

I am having some troubles with a 2 box cymbal pad. When I hit the edge to crash it, I get little to no response (as in: I don't hear the crash sound, but sometimes I hear a light bow or bell hit). I've checked everything; changed the cables, tried another input, etc.

So the problem is the pad itself. I've checked the cymbal and the rubber is still intact and sitting in its place, and so are the "teeth".

Anyone got a solution?

Greetz
Does the cymbal choke?
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

MaartenV

Hi guys,

I've removed the rubber pad to look further inside and I noticed that the four metal "quarter" parts are coming loose. They are still attached to the outer parts of the foam/edge of the cymbal, but somehow the parts in the middle - where the bow is and I ride the cymbal - are not sticking to the foam anymore, i.e. they are curving :(

How can I solve this? I'm thinking of attaching them with (super)glue, but I'm afraid the chemicals of the glue will damage the foam. Also, will/can this also happen to my other cymbal pads?

Greetz

MaartenV

fulrmr

Quote from: MaartenV on January 06, 2015, 03:43:12 PM
Hi guys,

I've removed the rubber pad to look further inside and I noticed that the four metal "quarter" parts are coming loose. They are still attached to the outer parts of the foam/edge of the cymbal, but somehow the parts in the middle - where the bow is and I ride the cymbal - are not sticking to the foam anymore, i.e. they are curving :(

How can I solve this? I'm thinking of attaching them with (super)glue, but I'm afraid the chemicals of the glue will damage the foam. Also, will/can this also happen to my other cymbal pads?

Greetz

It's basically  a sheet of double sided foam tape. If you don't feel comfortable with completely removing it and replacing the tape......I would try a little spray adhesive or brush on some contact cement to the existing foam. Also a layer of KRT (Killer Red Tape) which is a commercial grade "clear" double sided tape named for the the color of its backing and it's almost permanent adhesive characteristics might hold the 2 back together.