News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Compatibility with BFD / SD etc

Started by Alex, July 23, 2009, 02:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

possibly a stupid question in this thread but as the Drummit5 will be my first ever set of edrums, will it be compatible with BFD2/SD etc?

UC

Hi Alex
I moved your post here so more people would see it, and it's not a stupid question at all.

The main thing will be the ability to set up custom "drum maps" that translate you hitting your snare for instace - via MIDI - into BFD (or whichever drum sampler / sequencer) to playback the right sample with the right paramaters.

Would be a good thing if 2box host a library of maps for common apps - or if people can share their maps with other users here, along with drum sounds etc.

One thing I would say - on the old DDrum 4 there were like 1000 levels of expression compared to MIDI's crappy 128 levels, so I very rarely used the DDrums as a controller for other sound sources. I think this is likely to be the same for the Drumit, and with so much storage for my own sounds, I can't see myself using it that much with BFD etc. Happy to be proved wrong though :)

Alex

Thanks UC, it would be great if 2Box created their own drum maps though I bet they're overly busy right now.