News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Switching from Roland to 2box

Started by jeff42, January 08, 2015, 02:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff42

Its not identical so before I do gig with these I will set up the entire gigging PA. I am still puzzled by the sound difference from the different outputs. Am I going to be able to use out puts 1 & 2 at all?

Jman

Quote from: jeff42 on January 22, 2015, 01:44:17 AM
OK here is my report from tonight:  I set everything to output through output 3....

Sounds totally different now! In a good way. Everything is brighter, cleaner sounding plus there is way more volume.It is MORE like I was expecting...

So Why does out 1 & 2 sound so much quieter and kind of muddy?

Oh.. and I also realized I printed out the OLD manual...ugh
Once you look into the manual 1.2X you will see there are a lot of different mixes or sub-mixes you can send out to the main outs or individual outs. A lot of different choices .... Plus the busses 1, 2 and the phones can be set so the volume can be set by the dial or Fixed volume ..... the other busses ..... 3, 4, 5, 6, all are sent as fixed volume outputs ... so the fixed volume output of Bus 3 is probably what made the dif.
So the answer to the next question is Yes, you can make Buses 1 and 2 similar to what you are getting ouput from 3.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

jeff42

Yeah I am going to try and work on that but it wasn't just the volume that was lower on bus 1 & 2 it was the sound. Almost like 1 & 2 were muffled and not really eq'd well. When Iput everything through bus 3+4 it was close to what I get in the headphones and THAT is what I need. That will work.

I'll dig into it more this weekend cuz I would like to use the fader menu live when I do one send (which is probably half of our gigs) and I assume that isn't something I can do on any other bus but 1 & 2. Last night I went through the couple kits I like and adjusted the volumes one by one, drum by drum.

But the good thing is I no longer want to toss the orange box of annoyance off the wall! LOL

Thank you so much for all your help.

teletom007

hello,
I do not have all pursued here (my bad english).
but the EQ and fx acts only on phone, not 1-2-3-4-5-6.

if the eq is used, there is a difference of 1-6 to phone.

tom

jeff42

well after finally getting a decent sound out of the 2box the other day I still decided to gig last night using my td-12. I will continue to use my td-12 until I get the 2box where I want it and I still haven't done a full band practice with 2box yet so there is that too... . I need to do that before I gig with it.

anyway since I have spent so much time with the 2box in the last 2 weeks, and finally getting sounds I like I am now noticing the limitations of my TD-12 sounds. Like I have posted before... they are good, tweaked over and over again sounds that I have used for the last 2 years. The td-12 served me well- But I am anxious to use the 2box in a live gig setting. I may try it next weekend. but first I need to get some GREAT sounds from SD2.0 and figure out this routing to the outputs stuff.

BIG thank you to everyone so far!!!!

I'll keep you posted...

rush1234

Hi Jman

2day i did the hihat conversion  and it works fantastic .. you say to have a good triggering the cy5  set the knob clockwise al the way down ,, i did that but than  its to loud and i cant get the right mix between the the toms and cymbals also not in the mixer in the module so i set it half way and its okay .

for me the cy5 is to small so i am think a  yamaha cymbal or a vh11 from roland but i thought it woulnt work becouse there are 2 cabels to go in the hihat correct me if im wrong ...

thanks for the help

Jman

Quote from: rush1234 on January 29, 2015, 09:21:11 PM
Hi Jman

2day i did the hihat conversion  and it works fantastic .. you say to have a good triggering the cy5  set the knob clockwise al the way down ,, i did that but than  its to loud and i cant get the right mix between the the toms and cymbals also not in the mixer in the module so i set it half way and its okay .

for me the cy5 is to small so i am think a  yamaha cymbal or a vh11 from roland but i thought it woulnt work becouse there are 2 cabels to go in the hihat correct me if im wrong ...

thanks for the help
You have settings in the module for the Hi Hat cymbal also, normally you probably won't even need to adjust the trim pot on the side of my control box. All the way to the right/clockwise is max volume from the control box. All the way to the left is Off, so just be sure you don't turn it all the way counter clockwise. Where you have it set now is fine. Just so you know though in the module you can adjust the sensitivity for the Hi Hat cymbal under Unit, Trig, set the gain lower or higher.

The VH-11 works great along with my HH control box. With TRS cables .... You simply plug my box jack labeled Module to the 2Box module and the Cymbal jack of my box goes to the Trigger output jack of the VH-11. Anyway, so as not to hijack the thread any further, just send me a PM or an email if you need further assistance. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

jeff42

its ok. Im still trying to get my VH-12 to behave like it does on my roland kit. Not there yet. Everything else is coming along though. Practice with the band went well. I plan to gig with it next weekend. Give me another week to mess with it/ get used to it