News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

FX Processing

Started by tassuperkart, March 23, 2015, 09:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tassuperkart

Hi men
I play in an 80's revival band. We "clone" the music rather than just cover so its very important to be able to re-create period effects on the drums so much 80's stuff was loaded up with.

The 2box has plenty nice drum sounds ex factory to choose from but the stock delay and flanging effects are largely useless to me.

I currently use around 15 different kits in a 3 hour show, more or less all with different effects processing and I dont want to use downstream/external processing modules live.
I usually use 4 channels out to the FOH desk and its too much drama switching between kits and effects when there are precious few seconds between different songs now!

I simply need to be able to export the various drum sounds out of 2box, add mostly verb and gated verb effects and put them back into the 2box.

I dont really want to get into creating kits and such from scratch using fancy and pricey VST's and the like. I just want to add various verb effects to existing 2Box drum sounds.

Can this be readily done??? Or am I faced with creating entire kits with a VST, processing them THEN converting them to .dsnd and loading back to the module?

E

Murgen

Quote from: tassuperkart on March 23, 2015, 09:47:06 AM
Hi men
I play in an 80's revival band. We "clone" the music rather than just cover so its very important to be able to re-create period effects on the drums so much 80's stuff was loaded up with.

The 2box has plenty nice drum sounds ex factory to choose from but the stock delay and flanging effects are largely useless to me.

I currently use around 15 different kits in a 3 hour show, more or less all with different effects processing and I dont want to use downstream/external processing modules live.
I usually use 4 channels out to the FOH desk and its too much drama switching between kits and effects when there are precious few seconds between different songs now!

I simply need to be able to export the various drum sounds out of 2box, add mostly verb and gated verb effects and put them back into the 2box.

I dont really want to get into creating kits and such from scratch using fancy and pricey VST's and the like. I just want to add various verb effects to existing 2Box drum sounds.

Can this be readily done??? Or am I faced with creating entire kits with a VST, processing them THEN converting them to .dsnd and loading back to the module?e

E

Man, you can even use a tile of brick or a piece of wood or a dustbin as snare or tom sound as long as you can make a recording in software that enables you to break it up in equal samples (layers) with as only difference the volume ...
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Lustar

If you want to add reverb to existing .dsnd files it's possible with DSound Tuner (included in DrumIt Manager)

tassuperkart

Quote from: Murgen on March 23, 2015, 12:11:05 PM
Man, you can even use a tile of brick or a piece of wood or a dustbin as snare or tom sound as long as you can make a recording in software that enables you to break it up in equal samples (layers) with as only difference the volume ...

And what exactly does that have to do with me wanting to export 2Box dsnd's, Fx processing them and then loading them back to the 2Box????

Lustar

It was a way to say that everything is possible, you can load any kind of sound :)

Here's a recap of different ways to get .dsnd files with built-in effects:

To add any type of effect to a .dsnd file:
Split the .dsnd to .wav files with DSoundTool, process the .wav files with Audacity or any program you prefer, rebuild from .wav to .dsnd with DSoundTool

To add reverb to existing .dsnd files:
Start DSound Tuner, load one or several .dsnd files, change reverb settings, click "tune".

To export VST kits with effects to .dsnd:
Load a VST kit, add effects, then render to .wav and convert to .dsnd manually or use SDSE to export directly from the VST with effects to .dsnd.

tassuperkart

Ive got Addictive Drums now.
Ill download your apps as well and start playing with them all I reckon.

Cheers
E