News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

newbie question - bass drum construction

Started by rocking robin, January 28, 2015, 08:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocking robin

Hi Everyone

I'm new to drumming and to 2box :-)

My kit was constructed by the store and i was trying to adjust the the spring in the bass drum in a hope that would enable me to kick less hard (so far my kicking is really weak). I thought if i play with how tight the spring is it would affect that. Is this the part of the bass drum that controls this?

The problem is that now i'm afraid i can't put it back together. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong (and maybe you just need more strength than i have lol - i'm a petite girl) but no matter where i start from i can't assemble it back. I can't stretch the spring enough. Is there a certain order i should construct it back together?

Thanks in advance!

Drum2

I assume you mean the kick pedal spring? Here's a vid that shows the spring and supporting hardware in place:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGNh8oZkAFw
You can hold the threaded end in place with one hand and put the lager nut on it with your other hand. Alternatively, take the spring of the upper little wheel, put the threaded end in place an try to put the upper end back where it belongs, a piece of rope can help.
You can adjust the kick signal in the menu.
If you don't succeed, please ask again.

rocking robin