News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Testing the waters... Sell/Trade my Drumit 5

Started by nathanotis, December 26, 2014, 04:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathanotis

Is it crazy?  :animal:

Maybe, but now that I've had my Drumit 5 for a while, I think I'd like to go old school and see if I can trade for a good condition Roland V-Drum with an expanded TD-10 brain.

The 2 Box sounds are amazing, but I miss COSM.

Anyone interested?

fulrmr

TD-10 is a bit too "old school" if you ask me. Go for a TD-12 at the very least. At least with the newest update it will have the same features as a stock TD-20.

That said, where are you located? Are you entertaining the thought of selling...or just trade?

nathanotis

Quote from: fulrmr on December 26, 2014, 07:28:56 PM
TD-10 is a bit too "old school" if you ask me. Go for a TD-12 at the very least. At least with the newest update it will have the same features as a stock TD-20.

That said, where are you located? Are you entertaining the thought of selling...or just trade?

I am considering both options. I'm in Denver, Co.

Murgen

--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

nathanotis

Quote from: Murgen on December 26, 2014, 09:22:11 PM
What is it that makes you miss COSM?

It's like I said, the sampled 2box sounds are amazing. But if I want to play a tighter snare, or  deeper tom, I can dial up that change on the V's.

edtc

you can get tighter snare , using the decay function , but you cant make a tom longer as it is , for sure ...

nathanotis

That's the thing, the 2 box sounds are more...static. Unchangeable by nature of the fact they are samples. They sound far more realistic than Roland sounds are ever likely to, for the same reason. I've decided, after using the drumit 5 for some time, real samples aren't what I'm looking for. So here we are.

Murgen

Quote from: nathanotis on December 27, 2014, 03:14:15 PM
That's the thing, the 2 box sounds are more...static. Unchangeable by nature of the fact they are samples. They sound far more realistic than Roland sounds are ever likely to, for the same reason. I've decided, after using the drumit 5 for some time, real samples aren't what I'm looking for. So here we are.

We live in a free world. I think your argument is more then valid and a matter of personal taste. I do like to have real samples and a collection of drumkits in my module. You like to design kits your self and change whenever you want, hoe nice we can both have what we like the most.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

fulrmr

I just design my kits before I load them to the 2Box but to each their own for sure. :) So...what do want for the module?

dstix

I have a TD-10 w/TDW-1 and Vex kits loaded.  Interested in discussing potential trade.
I'm in Wisconsin (wish I still lived in Denver!).

dstix

Oh, and I know I'm a new member which usually comes off as sketchy when it comes to online sales.  Jman and fulmr actually may remember me from vdrums.  I went by dschrammie over there.