News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

MK1 vs MK2

Started by rosscoe, December 12, 2014, 05:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosscoe

I ALMOST purchased a Yamaha 700 series and then I came across 2box. The MK2 is slightly out my price range, but I have seen both listed 2nd hand and there's £300 difference between the two. Is it worth it?

Thanks for your help guys

hemiboy

rosscoe

I popped into the store today and the guy there was adamant the Roland TD15kv is a better kit than the 2box MK2.

I'm now not sure which way to go. I've played both now and think i'm suffering from information overload. Any advice from people who have played both kits would be great, I can't decide.

I've upped my budget to £1500.

tower of p

hi rosscoe,

I remember me comparing edrums in a shop about 2 years ago.
the roland td20 felt great because of it´s extremely good feel and playability, the hihat for example works just perfect. but it was far out of my price-range. last not least I didnt like the td20-sounds as much as the 2box sounds (-->machinegunning).

as far as all the other e-kits I tried (including several roland, yamaha and alesis models), the 2box beats them all in feeling and sound.

so my advice is clear: buy the mighty orange one. ;)
if I would have to use it for gigs, I´d go for 3rd party rack and pads, though. but for recording and practicing at home it´s great.

Murgen

I agree here. Roland is main-stream with a better profit for the shop but cannot touch the orange monster in sound and potential (open source, real multi layers).
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

hemiboy

Had all the way up to the Roland td 30. Sold it for 2 box, and never looked back!  2,box blows them away, period! I want to say, I only bought the module, because I have an a to e conversion. Which for me, coupled with the 2 box module is perfect, sounds real, and looks real! As far as 2box rack and pads, I can't speak from experience. I have heard that some 2 boxers have not been 100 percent  happy with the rack, pads, and hi hat . so if I went for a straight e kit. I would probably go Gibraltar, and Pintech for rack and pads

Travis182

Roscoe what store was it you went to, doesn't happen to have a Roland planet in does it?

rosscoe

It didn't mate. It was an independent store in Hampshire

Thanks for the advice guys. There's no new models on the horizon are there? Just that I'm going to take the plunge and buy a new 2BOX MK2 kit this week. £1600 I negotiated, think that is good?

The Roland and Yamaha for that kind of money don't seem to be as good. 

Cannot wait!

rosscoe

SCREW IT! I've bought a new MK2 and managed to get an additional tom and ride cymbal thrown in :-)

Should arrive Friday

Murgen

Yay! Welcome to the family of Orange is the new Black!
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

hemiboy

Yeah, ORANGE, you glad , you didn't buy a Roland?

rosscoe

So far, but only setup and had a quick bash! The kit is part Christmas gift from the Mrs, so I can't really let full rip on it till Christmas day

At first I was really unsure about the Orange, but now I love it! They look and sound bad ass