News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New 2box Model?

Started by rosscoe, December 17, 2014, 02:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosscoe

I almost purchased a new 2box MK2 kit today, but two dealers have told me they have been informed a new kit is imminent that does not contain a kick pedal.

Anyone know anything about this? I don't want to go spend £1600 to find out that a new model is about to be launched. Interestingly when you Google 2box kits now they have a new price (reducded by £50) compared to yesterday.

Any ideas?

Soundmanneal

Great ,I was looking for something new for xmas. :-)

thegoud

Perfect timing! I just ordered my first 2box kit on Monday ;-)

But here's a teaser quote from Hoshino in an email received earlier today: "While I'm unable to provide any information pertaining to new-for-2015 products, I can say that there will be no changes to the actual 2BOX Drumit5 kit, and it will continue to be the one and only complete kit offering from 2BOX USA."

Travis182

I've just had a reply from the UK distributor Hand in Hand and there is no new model coming! The normal kit with pedals is still available as usual, but they said they realise that a lot of people possibly already have or would like there own pedals instead of the 2Box ones, so have released the kit at a cheaper price without pedals. That is the only difference apparently.

hemiboy

I think it is  better that the drummer has t he choice, as to which pedal he prefers

Drum2

There never was a kick pedal in the kit anyway. Oh could I have overlooked it and thrown away with the other cardboard packing materials? 8)

hemiboy

Can't answer that one, but hopefully you didn't throw one out! What a waste that would be, damn!
Are you really thinking that may have happened?

Murgen

I don't know how the US boxes are packed and delivered but over here it comes with a kick pedal, snare standard and hihat standard.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

billgtx

I see on Electronic Drum Center's site they sell the kit with and without hardware.

thegoud

The 2box kit I just purchased has no hihat/kick/stand hardware shipped with it. As far as I know, all US distributors sell with or w/o hardware...