Looking for some cymbals - 2Box or compatible (UK)

Started by peanutismint, March 04, 2015, 11:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutismint

I have a Roland TD-8KV that I've been using with my 2Box Drumit Five and the cymbals just don't really cut it... I'm looking for some crashes with a really light touch response, but obviously they have to be compatible with the 2box (so 3-zone ideally).

Any suggestions or anyone got any to sell?

I'm in the UK.

edcito

The yamaha pdcy135 and pcy155 are known to work well with 2box, not sure about the 3 zones though, I think that's a no...

peanutismint

Ok, are they any improvement over my current Roland CY12R/C and CY8 cymbals? Because certainly the CY12s seem to have lousy response/sensitivity when playing at lower velocities... I've tried all sorts of settings and can't seem to get them to react just right...

fulrmr

Quote from: edcito on March 06, 2015, 11:17:17 AM
The yamaha pdcy135 and pcy155 are known to work well with 2box, not sure about the 3 zones though, I think that's a no...

I believe there is a simple mod somewhere in the DIY section to make the Yamaha's fully functional 3z.

peanutismint

Hmm interesting... And do you think these would be more responsive than my current Roland CY12s? And/or as good as the official 2Box cymbals?