News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

best hi-hat for the drumit5 module

Started by thegoud, December 10, 2014, 08:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegoud

Greetings 2boxers,
Newbie here (and new to electronic drumming) coming up to speed on the options before purchasing a 2box system. Reading through this extremely helpful forum, I have learned a lot! Now I'm wondering what are the favored options for a good hi-hat trigger for use with the 2box - the std 2box hh, or based on a few complaints I read, maybe other choices? (I'm looking for something that's quiet.) Unfortunately I can't try out the 2box kit in person, so all feedback is welcome...

fulrmr

Welcome to the forum.

You really don't have any choice except the 2Box hat as the controller is integrated into the the pad itself, unless you pick up a control box mod from Jman. It attaches underneath the pedal of your HH stand.Then you can use just about any 2z pad available.

thegoud

Thanks fulrmr. Saw the Jman controller stuff but I didn't get it, until now.

Okay, let's say I go with this approach, what's a fave hi hat pad to use with it?

Just trying to understand what the good options might be, before I dive in. There's the full 2box kit or the interesting idea of using the drumit5 module and assembling the optimum kit from other sources.

My goal is to (A) practice and (B) do some awesome recording, without making a lot of noise :-)

Murgen

I prefer the real thing and replaced the hihat for a GEN16 bronze hihat ... feel is great, not too noisy.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

roel

I have now connected my ddrum 4se module to the 2box module and I use the Ddrum 4 hihat,
for me this is the best electronic hihat solution.

edtc

Quote from: roel on December 19, 2014, 06:57:20 PM
I have now connected my ddrum 4se module to the 2box module and I use the Ddrum 4 hihat,
for me this is the best electronic hihat solution.

.... connected via MIDI , or you use the sound from th DDrum4 ?

roel

Quote from: edtc on December 19, 2014, 11:00:00 PM
.... connected via MIDI , or you use the sound from th DDrum4 ?

I use the sounds from the Ddrum4se module they sound very good, the Ddrum 4 hihat plays much better than the 2box hihat.

fjrgrooves

I have tried several options beyond the 2Box Hi Hat controller.  Hands down ... the best, when set up properly, is Jman's Gen16 controller and trigger.  13" hi hats  seem to fit the kit best based on the 14" crashes (just my 2 cents).  To me these are the perfect mix of feel and sensitivity.  Dynamics, foot splashes, loose-sizzling hats, barking, tight, all are easily executed using traditional techniques.  If you purchase a newer Gen16 version you'll need a to work with a larger center hole. This is not an issue and I would be happy to share my solution.  Happy holiday's and Merry Christmas!  Chuck

mcrackins

Quote from: roel on December 21, 2014, 07:25:33 PM
I use the sounds from the Ddrum4se module they sound very good, the Ddrum 4 hihat plays much better than the 2box hihat.

Roel, are these publicly available? Would like to check them out.