News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Bass drum only responding to hard hits

Started by ithariuz, December 02, 2014, 12:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ithariuz

Hi guys,

I've had my 2box for 2 weeks and my bassdrum is only responding to hard hits now.
I really need to hit it hard, when playing heels down it is almost impossible to trigger the bass.
This wasn't the case when I got the kit. I haven't changed the trigger settings or anything.

I've noticed that a few strings have teared where my beaters hit the mesh.
Could this cause the bass to be less sensitive?
I find it hard to imagine that a few broken tiny strings of mesh could have such an effect.

Drum2

mechanevil

Either a loose contact, or the piezo is dying. You should rewire it or replace the piezo. If it's still in warranty and you're not handy with this type of thing, might be worth a visit to the store you purchased from.

ithariuz

I've checked the jacks and they are plugged in right.
What is this piezo? I should still have warranty.

Drum2

If you take off the cover (orange) you'll see the piëzo. It's hidden under the mesh beneath the 2Box logo.

http://www.drumstation-maintal.de/images/product_images/popup_images/1081_2.jpg

ithariuz

Ah that would suck.
I will try using a different jack cable see if that helps.
Otherwise I guess I will have to go back to the shop :(

fulrmr

Also..check the head tension. It could be that the head has stretched is much too loose. You need to keep it very tight.

ithariuz

Ah, I tried a different jack cable and it was working fine.
Must've damaged the cable while moving it or something..

Thanks for the help guys!
Rock on! :animal:

Drum2

Jack plugs are prone to oxidation, that could also have been the course. Better not touch the contacts with your fingers.
Cleaning up the jack plug from time to time with a dry micro-fibre is a good idea. Don't use contact cleaner.