News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

ddrum 4 se video's!

Started by roel, November 12, 2010, 05:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddrum4se

Great work - The ddrum4se was (is) a monster module. As many say - you can see the quality in the tom sounds, which are amazingly realistic, (well I suppose actually they are real).

I shudder to think I nearly sold my ddrum4se - thank goodness I didnt as it is still a great piece of kit.

puttenvr

I recal that the ddrum4 always triggered much better with the cast precision pads than with the mesh headed pads

Remarkable that the guy in the video doesn't use the ddrum cymbal pads.
Or are they connected to a pc with VST sounds?

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on November 12, 2010, 10:10:43 PM
I recal that the ddrum4 always triggered much better with the cast precision pads than with the mesh headed pads

Remarkable that the guy in the video doesn't use the ddrum cymbal pads.
Or are they connected to a pc with VST sounds?

I believe those are cymbals from roland, but the sounds are coming from the module (ddrum 4 se signature samples) they sound very good.

drumsonly2002

Really enjoy drums being played by themselves. Nice demos  ;D

ddrum4se

My Boom Theory red glass glitter e snare drum arrives next week from the US - and apparently it plays like a dream with the ddrm4 se - so I am really looking forward to testing it out.

I will post some pics when I can - it is a lovely looking drum - Al, at Boom Theory uses the same supplier DW uses for the wraps, so it looks like a DW Collectors Series Red Sparkle, but is in fact an edrum.

Also the Smartrigger Hats arrive too - so it will be a week of test and checks

drumsonly2002

The high hat looks like a Roland unit. How did you get it to work? Would be appreciated as to how this is done. All details grealy appreciated.

ddrum4se

Yes I think it is Roland Hi Hat from a TD3/TD6/TD9 etc.

My guess is he is using the Roland controller pedal, and a Pintech RHC unit and a Y cable.

Pintech also do a cable unit which acts as the moving magnet on the ddrum Hi Hat, so you can use a normal Hi Hat stand.

I have these on order at the moment from Pintech and Smartrigger (hi hats) - which should all arrive this week - will post and let you know how it all works when I have had a go with it.

ddrum4se

The Boom Theory snare arrived today and the Smartrigger hats with Pintech RHC100 a few days ago.
The Boom Theory snare looks, and plays like an acoustic drum - it triggers perfectly from the centre to about 12" with the Roland, (as I had been told it would - something to do with the TD20 module being set for the Roland Pad diametres). It triggers rim perfectly. Works perfectly with the ddrum4 SE and sounds so perfect when I have it going into the Tom trigger input - side by side the tom sounds are amazing against the TD20. I will need a Y cable to trigger rim and snare, but that will be easy. I will definitely be getting the rest of this kit - it looks stunning, looks like a drum - the pad noise is about the same as the original cast precision pads.
Smartrigger Hats work very well with the TD20, and trigger open closed fine using the RHC100. Again I need a Y cable to use it fully with the ddrum4se but I think it will work a treat.

ddrum4se

Picture of snare  - finally -

puttenvr

roel

I also still love my Ddrum 4SE set the sounds are very good, and what I specially like about the Ddrum 4 SE set is the hihat, it triggers very good and the playing feel is great.
I find the Ddrum 4 se hihat better than the 2box hihat, it feels sturdier and it triggers better.
Played on a Ddrum 4 cast precision pad set man they are loud! too much noise for me happy with the mesh version! soon I will make a Ddrum 4SE Expanded set more to come...