News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Sharing sounds, samples, and ideas

Started by drumbeats2003, July 22, 2009, 05:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drumbeats2003

Hello,

In looking forward to having a 2Box set I'm thinking about the possibilities ahead and wanted to talk about sharing of sounds with each other.  Traditionally the drumming community has been the friendliest to one another (not knocking guitar players or vocals by any means but let's face it, there can be an ego involved  ;)).  Anyway, I know many of us have our collection of gems as far as a snare or kick we love. 

For me, I also come from an engineering background as well and love the sound of an old Neve, Api, or Focusrite mic pre, perhaps an SSL compressor, ect.  Since we can generate samples and load easily according to what we we've heard it would be great if we can share these sounds with each other.  Any thoughts?

Also, has anyone tried Oceanway Drums? or seen the vdrum mapping feature on it?

Cliff

UC

Hi Cliff

Nice idea. Funnily enough I was going to set up a section for sharing sounds once there was more info on REX support - we're just waiting to hear back about the rx2 / Recycle 2 format - for me this is a killer function that I'm hoping to exploit a lot in my drum production - I've always been too lazy to really do much with porting sounds over to my DDrums, and I can tell I'm going to have a lot of fun slicing up loops to drop into the drumit...

edit: here's the board - share away (but please don't infringe other drummers' copyrighted hard work without permission) :)