DrumIt Manager: kit editor, manage your .dkit and .dsnd files

Started by Lustar, October 17, 2014, 05:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logihack

You are the best...thank you. And yes, i did uninstall sdse, with settings included.  My bad.

Lustar

A new version of DrumIt Manager is available. Thanks to tsss27 for reporting issues and testing!

• DSound Manager Create: "Velocity Switch" can be used to create a dsnd with up to three areas for the Head and the Rim (to play different sounds at different velocity ranges)
  • DSound Manager Create: allow converting from .wav to .dsnd when a folder contains some bad/corrupted wav files (the bad files will be ignored)
  • DSound Manager Edit: you can now increase the volume of any zone by up to 6 dB (use with caution)
  • DSound Manager Edit: press Enter while on any button or setting to preview the sound (random velocity, press Shift+Enter to play the highest velocity)
  • DSound Manager: press Page Up/Page Down to select the previous/next zone.
  • DSound Manager Edit: fixed issue when removing layers (when removing the top velocity or removing groups of duplicate layers and increasing the volume of the zone at the same time) - thanks to tsss27 for reporting this
  • DKit Manager Kit Normal mode: added tooltips in addition to the current color codes when a .dsnd is missing (red), damaged or moved (yellow) or its filename is truncated (grey) - thanks to Dobly for the idea
  • DKit Manager Kit List: press Ctrl+Up or Ctrl+Down to move the current kit or selected kits up or down in the list.
  • DKit Manager Kit: press the Apps key on a pad button to open the Pad Copy/Paste menu.
  • DKit Manager Sounds: press the Apps key or Enter on a dsnd to open a menu to assign it to a pad.
  • DKit Manager Kit: when pressing Enter on settings to preview the sound a random layer is selected to get a better idea of the results when playing (press Shift+Enter to play the highest velocity)
  • DKit Manager: faster pad preview keys (X, C, V, S, D, F, G, E, R and T, in main menu, Kit list or Layout tab). Press once to play the highest velocity, keep pressed for random velocities.
  • DKit Manager, DSound Manager: fixed playback issue on Windows 10 (the attack could be faded) - thanks to tsss27 for reporting this
  • DKit Manager Kit: fixed sound playback issues after selecting a kit with an empty pad - thanks to tsss27 for reporting this
  • DKit Manager: replaced the four kit layout buttons with a drop down menu.

ANGR77

It is a great new version! I really like the preview keys and I made some tests with the dsound manager with the velocity switch. I think I could do some new real astonishing things with this function! Also the function with being able to change volume between zones is extremely useful!

In general - if you have not tried the DrumIt Manager - I can highly recommend it - I used it a lot when building kits for 2box MKII...and you get extremely effective and fast with this tool! Only the report part in the app...is worth the money!

You are not better than your tools!

Keep up the great job!

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Lustar

A new version of DrumIt Manager is available.

You can now change the order of layers in dsnd instruments.
This version also adds a menu to edit zones, an easy way to add a tight level to a new or existing hihat dsnd and accessibility improvements when using NVDA.

The idea to duplicate a closed hihat level as a tight level with a different pitch to get two closed levels was originally from the one and only Jman, and Anders suggested it again recently.

Thanks to tsss27 and ANGR77 for testing!

DSound Manager Zone menu
You can right-click on buttons to open a zone menu:
- Duplicate, to be able to edit the new zone before saving. You can duplicate a single percussion zone and adjust its pitch to get an alternate sound on the rim.
- Duplicate (virtual), to save space. You can adjust how a HiHat will play by adding more levels without increasing the file size or changing the HiHat calibration.
- Duplicate Closed as Tight. to create Tight zones from Closed zones in one step.

- Velocity switch from zone 2 to zone 3, to convert a three zones dsnd to a two zones dsnd that turns from a zone to another for the high velocities.
- Velocity switch from zone 3 to zone 2.
The switch percentage is 85% and can be adjusted on the Create page if needed (it uses the last switch setting when selecting Velocity Switch)

- Import (add) to add it as a new zone.
- Import (add foot splash), only for hihats.
- Import (replace) to replace the selected zone.
With Import (add) the zone is added in the same way as with Duplicate, to the available position or to the next position for a HiHat.
The pitch of the imported zone is adjusted to sound the same as in the imported dsnd in case it has a different max tune.

Sort options, can be used to fix or improve layer order. It can also be useful after importing zones from another dsnd to get the same velocity curve for all zones.
- Sort by loudness: sort zone layers by loudness.
- Sort by volume: sort by peak volume.
- Sort by loudness (all): sort all zones by loudness.
- Sort by volume (all): sort all zones by peak volume.

Edit name: type a new name for the selected zone. Zone names are only used for display, they are not used by the module.
Reset names: set all zones to default names based on the type of .dsnd, like Head/Rim for a snare or Bell/Bow/Edge for a cymbal.

DSound Manager, adjust the order of layers
Click on the layer information button on the right of the Edit page to open the detailed layer view for a zone.
Change the order of the layers with drag and drop or with Ctrl+Up or Ctrl+Down.

Changelog:

• DSound Manager Create: option to add Tight level using the Closed level (it's duplicated with a higher pitch. if all open levels are filled the second to last level is removed)
  • DSound Manager Edit Zone menu: right-click or press the Apps key on zone buttons to import a zone from another dsnd, duplicate the zone or sort it by volume or loudness.
         Duplicate: can be used to add more open levels to a HiHat to adjust how it plays, to add a tight level or to add alternate zones with a different pitch.
         Velocity switch: merge the second and third zones, useful to convert a 3 zones dsnd to a 2 zones dsnd that turns from a zone to another for the high velocities.
         Import: import a zone from another dsnd, add as a new zone or replace the selected zone.
         Sort: sort zone by peak volume or loudness, can be used to fix or improve layer order.
         Sort (all): sort all zones by peak volume or loudness, useful after importing zones from another dsnd to get the same velocity curve for all zones.
         Edit zone names: rename zones to your liking (zone names are only used for display, they are not used by the module).
         Reset zone names: set all zone names to default values (Head/Rim, Bell/Bow/Edge).
  • DSound Manager Edit: use drag and drop or press Ctrl+Up or Ctrl+Down to move the current layer or selected layers in the list, useful to fix the order when some layers feel too loud or too quiet.
  • DSound Manager Edit: added tooltip to show which layer is played when clicking on the Zone buttons (same as in DKit Manager on Drum buttons: low to high velocities from left to right)
  • DSound Manager Edit: allow saving changes to a duplicate zone, useful when creating a dsnd from the same samples with different filenames and adjusting the duplicate zone separately.
  • DSound Manager Edit: fixed wrong zone information when saving some 3 zone snares.
  • DSound Manager Create: fixed Maximize when converting from individual .wav files not sorted from loud to quiet.
  • DSound Manager Tune: saving a dsnd that contains virtual zones won't increase the file size (they will remain as virtual zones)
  • DSound Manager Extract: fixed issue with some dsnd files when extracting the last layer of a 128 layers zone.
  • DKit Manager Kit: fix to play the same zone as the module when assigning a 3 zone snare dsnd to a tom pad.
  • DKit Manager Kit: fix to save correct Sound setting (dsnd zone selection for a pad) when using NVDA or JAWS.
  • DKit Manager, DSound Manager: allow freely editing up-down settings.
  • DKit Manager, DSound Manager: fixed slowness when changing some settings when using NVDA.

ANGR77

This is a great new version! :-)

Jman's old idea, how to create an extra tight hi-hat layer in 2box...got solved within a mouse click in the new version! (It was quite complex to do it manually earlier)

And there are more goodies! Just to upgrade or buy!! Your best tool for 2box!

Big thanks Lustark!

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Lustar

changelog:

• DKit Manager Delete: when cleaning up a SD card to remove dsnd files that are only used by the selected kits the Metronome dsnd set in Unit settings will be kept - thanks to Dobly for reporting this

ANGR77

I was fiddling around with Drumit Manager 1.6.0 and ended up in making a video recording on the basics around the software and what you can do with the tool.

The DrumIt Manager is really a fantastic tool, if you want to move, change and edit your 2box settings and sounds!

https://youtu.be/V-4wRbwFpDA

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com

Lustar

Thanks again for making that video Anders!

• DSound Manager: fixed Loop option.
  • DSound Manager: disable .wav dithering when Max Tune Up is used or when Maximize is not used, to avoid noise when playing the dsnd when the volume is increased higher than 0 in the Kit or Unit settings - big thanks to Karbonfaiba for reporting this

ANGR77

Mr Lustark!

The new version seems to work great. As usual! Tested DKIT Manager and DSound Manager...and they perform just as supposed to! :-)

Keep up the great job!

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

ddrummer68

Hi!  I'm a long-time user for SDSE and DrumIt Manager, and think these are both essential products, without which I'm not sure I'd still be using my 2Box, much less considering a second one.

Slight feature request, though.  In Multi edit mode, would it be possible to apply adjustments such as Balance and Decay?  The new default of 10 for Decay is useful, no doubt.  But I find myself dialing most sounds back to infinity.  Would love the ability to change all my kits at once.  Or for another example, pan the 18" crash in all my sets to +4, at once.

Also, I guess it matters only to me, but I've been here since 2010-2011 or longer.  For some reason, the site just made me reregister a few months ago.  Started with ddrum 4 and then jumped on the Drumit 5 when it came out.  (yes, irrelevant. But true!)

Thanks,
Bobby
DrumIt 5 SN: 02949

Lustar

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for the feedback!

It's a good idea about the multi edit mode, I have sent you a test version with an improved multi edit mode :)
The Multi-edit mode could already be used to adjust the panning, balance or decay in multiple kits at once, but only as long as the pads were set to the same dsnd instrument. In the next version it will also be possible to use the Multi edit mode to change almost all of the Kit values in multiple kits even when the pads are not set to the same dsnd.

ddrummer68

Denis, the new functionality works well.  For me - maybe because some of the decay settings were already at infinity and others were at 10 - it worked best to do this in two steps. For example, I first moved all sliders to 9.1, and applied the setting.  Then I moved them all back to infinity and hit Apply.  That worked perfectly.  Without the added step, some of the sliders wouldn't change. Or maybe there was some previous user error.  Either way, I'm happy that this is now so easily accomplished.  Thank you very much for the excellent responsiveness and willingness to continually improve an already wonderful product.

Bobby
DrumIt 5 SN: 02949

Lustar

Thanks for testing and for the kind words. The added step is the way to go in this case. I should have mentioned it, with the new multi-edit mode the changes are only applied if the new value is different from the default multi-edit value which is based on the first selected kit (except for the dsnd). So if some value from the current kit is already the intended setting to be applied to all the selected kits I would do it in two steps like you did, or change it to something else first before clicking Multi.

Lustar

Big thanks to Daniel from www.ddrum.ch for reporting issues with loops. Check out 2B40 if you're looking to easily make music with loops!

Changelog:

• DKit Manager Multi-edit mode: it is now possible to change Kit settings for several kits at once even when they don't have any pads set to the same dsnd instrument - thanks to ddrummer68 for the suggestion
  • DSound Manager Create, Tune: more fixes when creating, tuning and playing Loop .dsnd
  • DSound Manager Create: the Loop check box is replaced by a "Loop" type in the drop down menu to select the type of dsnd to create.
  • DSound Manager Extract: the "restore Pitch" option can now be used to restore the original length of loop samples.
  • DKit Manager, DSound Manager: loops are now played at their original speed (for the first time, they could play a bit too fast in the 2box Editor and DSoundTool)

Lustar

Changes:

• DSound Manager Edit: improved velocity values when sorting layers manually in the list of layers.
  • DKit Manager Kit: the Tune value is now kept when the dsnd is missing, to allow editing a kit without having the corresponding instrument files.
  • DKit Manager Kit Diff: when two kits are selected (with ctrl+click) the list of differences between them will appear near the top/right on the first Kit page.
  • DKit Manager: improved search for .dsnd files on large drives.
  • DKit Manager Check: the Check page can now be used only on a kit selection (for all kits by default, or for the selected or checked kits when two or more kits are selected)
  • DKit Manager Check: check boxes to limit the search to certain pad types, or to avoid checking dsnd files.
  • DKit Manager Check Duplicates: you can now find duplicate kits (even with different titles), kits that use the same pads (same dsnd and settings for the whole pad) or kits that use the same dsnd for certain pads - thanks to Jochen for the suggestion
  • DKit Manager Check Diff: you can now find differences between selected kits (up to 99 selected kits), useful to find changes between different versions of the same kit.
  • DKit Manager Report, Kit: option to save one report file for each kit - thanks to Jochen for the suggestion
  • DKit Manager Report, Kit: option to keep empty lines when the pad is empty - thanks to Jochen for the suggestion