DrumIt Manager: kit editor, manage your .dkit and .dsnd files

Started by Lustar, October 17, 2014, 05:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhorse5678

BertS

Also from me:
Lustar thank you for your great and helpful software: DKit Manager and DSound Tuner.
They're a must have for 2Box users. asspecially for those who have more modules or SD-cards. Or those who want more dkits with different settings.
Greetings BertS

Lustar

Thanks for your feedback wildhorse5678 and BertS :)

A new version is available, with thanks to teletom007 and Jman for testing.
download

DKit Manager 1.1.5:

• Multi-edit button for bulk editing of dsnd, title and song values for all selected kits
  • dsnd list can be browsed by folders
  • Normal/Expert GUI mode, advanced features are disabled by default for first-time users
  • Revert button to revert one or several kits to the previously saved state
  • support for older DrumIt.dkit versions before 1.20

DSound Tuner 1.1.2:

• Reverb can be added without changing the Max Tune - thanks to digitaldrummer for reporting this

Normal/Expert
Advanced features are disabled by default. Switch to Expert to enable all features.

Sound list
Double click or Enter on a folder: open folder
Double click on ".." or Enter: go to parent folder
Double click or Space on a sound: preview sound
Refresh or F5: refresh the list of sounds
To search, type a few letters and press Enter or click Refresh.
To get back to the folder view after a search click on Refresh.

Multi-Edit
You can quickly set up many kits with the same instrument for some pads. Once you have set the same instrument on several pads you can also edit the values for all kits.

If some pads are set to the same dsnd names for all selected kits the values from the first selected kit are used as the default multi-edit values.
When you apply the changes they will be applied to all selected kits.

To set a Percussion sound to the Tom 4 Rim for all stock kits:
- Select all kits
- Click Multi
- Set the percussion sound to Tom 4 Rim
- Click Apply.

To edit values for several kits:
- Select one or several kits, click Multi.
  If some pads are set to the same dsnd names for all selected kits they will appear as the default names for the multi-edit. The default values are based on the first kit from the selection.
  For other pads the multi-edit dsnd values are empty.
- Change .dsnd values (or kit title, song name)
- Click Apply.
  If you have changed a dsnd name (or kit title, song name) the dsnd values will be applied to all selected kits.

Jman

Thanks again for pushing the boundaries and adding more options for the 2Box module! I love the addition of the file view for sounds. It makes it so much easier to find the individual instrument sounds. I tested out the Reverb feature of DsoundTuner today. I took a tom from one of my clean kits and added different degrees of reverb ..... Wow, this works great. What a great feature. Since many have mentioned how they wish the Drumit module had a reverb effect choice this is quite an asset for 2Box owners.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Lustar

A new version of DrumIt Manager is available
DKit Manager can now display and edit all of the DrumIt Five settings! :drum2:

DKit Manager 1.2:

• added all remaining Kit settings: Acmp, FX, EQ in "Kit *", "Kit **" and Print.

DSound Tuner 1.1.3:

• Room size and Damping settings for Reverb
  • Preview button
The file size can increase a lot when adding reverb. You can use the Length setting to keep a reasonable file size.

Murgen

My PC problems have been fixed after we identified the RAM had a defect area.

With SDSE I make new conversions from my BFD2 kit and now I'm looking forward creating a brandnew SD-card using DrumIt Manager.

Life is good and mr Lustar contributed to that overall feeling, Chapeaux!  ;D
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Lustar

Thanks for the kind words Murgen :)

DKit Manager and DSound Tuner are now accessible to the blind and visually impaired.
It is also possible to have a full report of all the .dsnd files used in a kit bank ("Report" tab, select "Sounds").

Thanks to thegoud, Justin, teletom007, BertS, nocturnodrummer, andys and Jman for the feedback!

DKit Manager 1.3

• added Sounds Report: preview and print a report of all .dsnd files used by the Kit Bank.
  • improved accessibility: press F9 to select the menu, F10 to select the list area, F11 to select the main area.
  • all settings can be accessed with tab, reworked Unit tabs to make it easier to navigate with the keyboard.
  • .dsnd list: press Enter on a sound to assign it to a pad, press Backspace to go to parent folder.
  • keys for pad preview in the kit list: X, C, V, S, D, F, G, E, R and T to preview each pad.
  • when clicking on different areas of the Drum buttons to preview different layers a tooltip is now displayed to show which layer is played.
  • Print tab renamed to "Report", fix when Kick was missing from the report.
  • fix for Delete button when the current Kit wasn't really deleted from the list.
  • fix to play some .dsnd files with wrong header, fix for .dsnd files that were not recognized as a loop.
  • using "Save as" then Save will now save changes to the new filename.

DSound Tuner 1.1.4

• improved accessibility: all controls can be accessed with tab.

Drum preview
Available in Kit list or menu area.
Keys are grouped in a similar way to the Drum buttons on the module.
E, R, T      Cymbal 1, Ride, Cymbal 3
S, D, F, G   Tom 1, Tom 2, Tom 3, Tom 4
X, C, V      Kick, Snare, HiHat

Press CTRL to hear the rim for the Snare and toms.
Press Shift to focus on the corresponding Drum button.

welshsteve

No mac OSX version coming soon or have I missed that there is one already?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Lustar

Unfortunately, no. The best way to run SDSE and DrumIt Manager on Mac is to use BootCamp (free) or a virtual machine like Parallels or VirtualBox (free)

Lustar

This version adds support for the new features from the 1.3 OS.

DKit Manager 1.3.1

• Kit: loop groups (LG1,LG2,LG3)
  • Unit: new pad types (XPad, XRim)
  • Unit: trigger mask settings
  • Unit ***: favo setting (startup kit)

Murgen

Quote from: Lustar on April 13, 2015, 08:33:55 PM

This version adds support for the new features from the 1.3 OS.

DKit Manager 1.3.1

• Kit: loop groups (LG1,LG2,LG3)
  • Unit: new pad types (XPad, XRim)
  • Unit: trigger mask settings
í
  • Unit ***: favo setting (startup kit)

Yay!
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

ANGR77

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Jman

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

ANGR77

Hi Lustar!

I think I found a small bug in DKit Manager 1.3.1...and it is íf setting the trigger type to xrim (I did it on the snare rim) on my 2Box unit using the latest OS 1.30, it will show up as the right trigger in DKIT Manager. But If saving the file back again (without doing any changes in the gui) it will show up as trigger type RUBH3 in the 2Box unit or if reopening the file again. This error is also valid if picking the trigger type xpad in which also will give you the RUBH3 trigger setting when saving it in Dkit Manager and then reopening the file in DKit Manager.

Best Regards

Angr77 
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Lustar

Thanks for telling me about it! It should work now, the version has been updated on the site.