News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Rubber on top of tom is loose a bit

Started by hdevr000, January 06, 2010, 04:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdevr000

I noticed that the rubber on top of the pad of the first tom is a bit loose already. It has been lifted a bit up if I compare it to the other pads. It seems also a bit loose when you slightly lift it up.

Anybody has the same or is this quite normal and not alarming.

Later on I will try to make a photo.

Scottie

Hi hdevr000

Is this the floating Rim that you are referring to? If you could post a picture that would be great.

Thanks
Scott

hdevr000

Hi Scott,

Here it is, you can see that the top and the bottom is visible. You might need to compare it with your own to see the difference.
I can push it down a bit but then it bounces up again.

Is it normal that these rim rubbers are very loose?

Henk

NeilC

They are 'floating' rims so this could be normal. Mine can be moved with relatively no force at all, but does spring back to where it was...

When/if you change the head and take the lug bolts out you will see how they work..

hdevr000

Thanks,

I just want to make sure that the difference I have now (see photo) won't cause issues in the future.
For now they just work fine.
You also have a though Scot?

Thanks again guys,

Henk

Scottie

Quote from: hdevr000 on January 07, 2010, 11:29:59 AM
Thanks,

I just want to make sure that the difference I have now (see photo) won't cause issues in the future.
For now they just work fine.
You also have a though Scot?

Thanks again guys,

Henk

Hi Henk

What i would do is just check the little rubber connector underneath, to make sure that it is still in place:

Let me know how you get on?

Thanks
Scott

NeilC

Scottie, do you have any of the rubber bands that hold in place the floating rim? I just had a look at my snare as it is quite temperamental with the rim trigger, and one of the bands has perished?

Scottie

Quote from: NeilC on January 08, 2010, 07:31:11 PM
Scottie, do you have any of the rubber bands that hold in place the floating rim? I just had a look at my snare as it is quite temperamental with the rim trigger, and one of the bands has perished?

Hi Neil

I should be able to sort you out a couple of bands. We had a small shipment of spares in today, but i didn't get time to see what was in the boxes, so i will check first thing Monday morning for you.

Thanks
Scott

NeilC

Ah! Dont bother opening the box mate, jst send it to Sheffield! ;)
:drum2:

hdevr000

Hi Scott, I didn't have to remove the shells, I used my fingernails and as you can see in the photo, the rubber connector seems to have snapped.
Not sure if this happened during drumming (I can't imagine) or it was already there and never noticed that the rubber rim was a bit up.

Is there a way to get a replacement. If so, please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks

Henk