News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Unwanted trigering of toms as ghost stokes

Started by wildhorse5678, October 03, 2014, 09:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhorse5678

I have had my 2Box set up less than a week.  I have the heads very tight.

When I hit a tom hard, the drum pad shakes up and down afterward like a diving board does when a diver jumops off.  So not only to I get the main WACK when I hit the pad but a series of aftershock tiggers  Wack, Wack Wack . Wack until, the pad come  to  rest.

How can I get rid of this ...   looser heads?  Can I alter the sensitity of the trigger ?? 

Help Please.

For info I was using MK1 rack , but as that was unstable I have a used parts from the Mk1 and some Roland tubes and clamps to make a more stable hybrid.  Its not the rack thats causing the triggering  its hard hitting on the pads. The clamps are on a 2 Box ribbed and curved tube so as stable as I can make it with one point of anchorage.

edtc

try to lower the gain and raise the treshold ...

SJC

Wow you must have a heavy wack. See if you can keep the tom pads as close the the frame bar as possible so they are not hanging in mid air on the end of the mount. Also reduce the gain setting so that you get a full 0db level only on heavy hits, then adjust the trigger threshold so that the pad only just responds to gentle hits. You might want to consider slackening the head a bit. This will allow more flex of the mesh and so you can back off the gain a bit more. Have fun.

wildhorse5678

Thanks I have now made the suggested ajustments to the threshold and stopped this. 

geo

Saw someone with a neat (and obvious, in retrospect) way of mounting the pads to stop this: flip the arm around so the bend is on the far side of the clamp and mount the pad as per usual. It will sit directly over the top of the arm and clamp with little to no overhang and, consequently, bounce. Can't find pics, so here's some ASCII art:

Standard:

|=========|    pad
---[]---I              arm and clamp

Flipped:

|=========|    pad
L---[]---     arm and clamp