News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

ddrum pro trigger help needed, false triggering!

Started by franz-tanz, January 06, 2010, 12:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franz-tanz

Hello everyone,
Althoug I am pretty new to the edrum business ,
I been reading this forum and the old ddrum forum for quite a while.
Lately I picked up a used ddrum4 and some pro triggers.
Now I ran into some problems and wonder if some on you experienced guys could help me out?
I mounted the pro trigger on a snare with a double layer mesh head (drum-tec design head).
But when I play a series of flams or some press rolls the trigger doesn't pick them up properly.
Is this normal?
Maybe the triggersensor and foam are already to old and worn out?

Or is this just normal at this kind of trigger. (placed at the edge of the head)
Maybe pads with the trigger sensor mounted in the middle are picking up the signals better? (Roland cushion)
Anybody with more experience could help me out?
Greets
franz-tanz

UC

Hi Franz Tanz

Got to admit I've only ever used the DD4 cast precision pads. But I was wondering, have you noticed the Input Sens.  pots on the brain? What do you have it set at for the particular input?

Good close-up here:

http://www.drumgearonline.com/ddrum4.jpg

cheers
Tom

franz-tanz

Hi ,
yeah i did that,
but I don't think thats the problem. Doesn't trigger all notes.  :(
hm.....

but thanks for reply.
franz

UC

Have you tried plugging the trigger into any of the other inputs, or maybe use a different cable? That would narrow down where the problem is happening I guess.

If the worst comes to the worst the Red Shot triggers don't seem to be too expensive - about £20 GBP for a snare including postage within the UK - http://www.djmmusic.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=DDRS  ...but it's worth making sure it's not just your cable, and hopefully not the brain.

Good luck!

franz-tanz

hi, problem solved. Its the snare input of the brain which doesn't work properly.
I will let it repair at an electronic store.
thanks for your helpful thoughts though
bye
franz

digitalDrummer

Quote from: UC on January 08, 2010, 09:25:44 PM
the Red Shot triggers don't seem to be too expensive - about £20 GBP for a snare including postage within the UK
The Red shots are only single zone. For dual-zone, you have to move up to the Pros.

eyerichards

Hi Franz, did you have the correct pad type selected for that channel i.e AC1 for acoustic trigger or NH1 for mesh head.
Cheers :rock: