News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hideous buzzing and burnt out components on pcb !!

Started by nmunzi, September 14, 2014, 02:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANGR77

Nice memory card mod!

Did you see my mod? The orange shell is very thick...and a bit hard to make the patch...instead it is easier to cut on the rear plate.

Angr77
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

tower of p

cool! thanks for showing! so you need kind of a handle to reach the card?

Coda

For me the takeaway is: "Put some velcro on the module's face, and on the back of your phone."  ;D

welshsteve

Quote from: Murgen on May 04, 2015, 02:22:02 PM
Well organized!
Absolutely, I shocking attention to detail. Not that it matters, it surprises me someone with this diligence has and old Nokia Symbian OS phone!  ;)
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

nmunzi

Sorry for huge time delay but some answers for you - -

Quote from: welshsteve on May 27, 2015, 09:18:20 AM
It surprises me someone with this diligence has and old Nokia Symbian OS phone!  ;)

Hah - I thought someone would spot the Nokia  :) don't worry - it's just an old spare used for mp3's.
I use another N70 in my gig rack for pre band tunes too :) Just can't throw em away !

Quote from: Coda on May 19, 2015, 09:56:06 AM
For me the takeaway is: "Put some velcro on the module's face, and on the back of your phone."  ;D

Yep - just don't care ha ha :) Rock n roll !!

Quote from: tower of p on May 17, 2015, 10:59:59 PM
cool! thanks for showing! so you need kind of a handle to reach the card?

Kind of - Using thin pliers at the mo but a strip of alluminium plate taped to the end will be pretty much a handle yes(or anything else the same thickness and no bend)

Quote from: ANGR77 on May 04, 2015, 08:06:32 PM
Nice memory card mod!
Did you see my mod? The orange shell is very thick...and a bit hard to make the patch...instead it is easier to cut on the rear plate. Angr77

I did consider that but it meant scrabbling around underneath. Thought the side would be less aggro.
Love to see your mod - you got a link to it ?

nmunzi

Jman - did I read somewhere that you had done a mod on your hi-hat ? (a long while back now)
Love to know what it was if you have a link to it pleasey. Ta

Jman

Quote from: nmunzi on January 26, 2016, 02:23:30 PM
Jman - did I read somewhere that you had done a mod on your hi-hat ? (a long while back now)
Love to know what it was if you have a link to it pleasey. Ta
I use all my own Stealth Drums and Cymbals. So the first 2 things I did after getting my 2Box module was install a 32GB card mod and build a HH controller mod to work with my own HH cymbal.
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,722.0.html

Later I started building a mod kit that is now listed in the classifieds. That makes it possible to use other brand Ecymbals or E Hi Hats with the 2Box module.
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1890.0.html
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Haphazard72

I suspect the same just happened to my MK1.

Scared the crap outta me with the sound and niw the hideous smell of fried electronics.

No Australian distributor unfortunately  :-\