News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Rack Hardware Compatibility

Started by Gumbercules, August 19, 2014, 04:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbercules

Hey guys

I recently bought a DrumIT Five and am loving it. Looking to expand it (additional cymbals).... getting "cheap" gear in Australia is a bit of a nightmare so was going to just buy direct from Thomann UK

Does anyone know if the Millenium cymbal clamps are compatible with the 2Box rack? I'm looking at buying a few Millenium mono cymbal pads (don't need multi-zone), so it's just whether they will fit on the rack that is a concern

It's not directly 2box related... but does anybody else have Trick Pro1-v pedals? The lag / backlash in the slave pedal is driving me insane... again sourcing replacement parts down here is a joke so want to be sure I'm getting the right thing before I ship something down

Devious123

This is a old thread, but i thought I'd share some infor for possible helping others. I have the trick pro 1v pedals. I haven't been using them long, but so far there is absolutely no lag at all from the slave pedal.

Trick sells replacement driveshafts for other drum pedal brands.

http://store.trickdrums.com/accessories-driveshaft

wildhorse5678

The 2box rack tubes are same diameter as all the other major edrum racks ie Roland, Alesis, yamaha, this means that any components  clamps with the basic circular design will fit. And vice versa. The millennium stuff works OK. I've also used 5box ball and socket clamps on Roland rack.

mday

I use the Millenium ecymbals albeit the dual zone variety that Thomann supply complete with a nice cymbal arm. If you disassemble the 2-box  cymbal clamp & remove the plastic ball the arm can be clamped with the help of some leftover car radiator hose to pad it out. 

Millenium ecymbals can be used with the standard 2-Box arms but are much better supported on proper arms.

See pics here:

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,2490.msg21319.html#new