News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

sound editor software (merged thread)

Started by mika77f, January 04, 2010, 01:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claes1965

Hi !

Well that wqas not my question.

I am using Dsoundtool and not the 2box editor and there you can afterwards change the balance of the three zones on a ride cymbal. So my hopes for the 2box editor is to finally when it is officially released you can do what I am sking for: Change the zones on each pad/cymbal In the module and not only in the editor program.

Is that possible ??

Best Regards !

Claes
Quote from: claes1965 on June 10, 2010, 08:11:01 PM

fishmonkey

it is a feature that will definitely appear sometime. whether in the next release i don't know.

giovannipronto

hello everyone!
i got a new drumit 5 unit and want to connect it to my mac (snowleopard). i can connect it via usb and have the unit as an external usb-volume in my finder. when i start the editor, it asks me for the drumit.dkit file but when i go to the drumit5-volume and choose this file there is an error report "couldn´t load file" and the program shuts down.
does anyone of you have already fixed this problem?

thx in advance

giovanni

Baby Samus

Quote from: giovannipronto on July 22, 2010, 04:36:32 PM
when i start the editor, it asks me for the drumit.dkit file but when i go to the drumit5-volume and choose this file there is an error report "couldn´t load file" and the program shuts down.
does anyone of you have already fixed this problem?

giovanni

Hi Gio,

Make sure you have the latest version of the O/S.  I had written that you should replace the .dkit file but am modifying this after checking the website...

Important Information

The DrumIt editor 0.9.16 beta is NOT compatible with the 1.10 DrumIt.dkit file. You can still use your own DrumIt.dkit file after you have installed OS 1.10, the beta editor can read it as long as you don't save any changes. When unit or kit settings are saved with OS 1.10, the version of the saved settings will become 1.10. The editor 1.0 release version will be able to read any dkit version.

The sounds made with the beta editor are compatible with OS 1.10. However, the editor has to load a valid dkit file to start ( this too will be fixed ). So before updating to OS 1.10, connect the DrumIt Five in USB mode, copy your existing DrumIt.dkit file to DrumItOld.dkit or download the old file here and select that file when starting the editor. You can also put the old dkit file in any folder you like on your computer's hard disk, so you can start the editor without DrumIt in USB mode and select the dkit file from that local folder ( the editor will detect that the sound files are not there but just click ok

giovannipronto

he baby samus,

thx for the fast answer! i think i´ll wait until the 1.0 version is out. without the possibility to save the settings it does not make sense for me.

and by the way...is there somewhere a wish-list for future improvements of the unit software? i would have some wishes in puncto midi-perfomance...

greets
giovanni

puttenvr

Quotethere somewhere a wish-list for future improvements of the unit software?

yes, this one
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,287.0.html

Manfred

Any news here? Will we ever see a usable sound editor?

edcito

Are there any improvements in 1.0.1 over the 1.0 version?
Because the mac version is still 1.0 whereas the windows version is 1.0.1...
Don't tell me is just 1/100  ::)

MSL

I have recently bought a used 2Box, and I have succeeded in connecting it to the Sound editor Software. But I cannot find the drumit.dkit file in the editor (as described in the manual), I can just see the different sound maps. But in my windows explorer I can see the drumit.dkit file on my 2Box, together with the manual and some other files. Will the editor work even if I cannot find the drumit.dkit file, or may I mess up something without this file?
I am now copying all of the files to my computer as a backup.

Jman

I have only briefly tested the 2Box Sound Editor before today. I didn't bother at all with the Editor before this new version 1.02 ..... I have to say that it has saved me quite a bit of time today. I like it!

I needed to change a lot of instruments around as I have added the 2nd 2Box module and the instruments are all a little different than I am using on the other module ... I went through the first 12 kits today, reassigned instruments, re-tuned, re-panned, changed volumes, etc .... and it was all very simple, considerably faster than doing it while sitting at the module ...

This was all done with my 2Box SD card plugged into my PC card reader ... after making all the changes, I just clicked save kit bank ... and whoalla, my kits were all setup on the card. Nice job on the Sound editor software, great tool ..... Jerry
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

shaike

hi...
I'm trying to convert wave files with the sound editor, but it is'nt possible to drag the file into the pad symbol. I even try it with the Test Samples from 2box site.
(I'm using windows 7  64 bit) and I realy need help.
thank u...

Jman

Quote from: shaike on September 29, 2011, 10:13:50 PM
hi...
I'm trying to convert wave files with the sound editor, but it is'nt possible to drag the file into the pad symbol. I even try it with the Test Samples from 2box site.
(I'm using windows 7  64 bit) and I realy need help.
thank u...
Maybe someone who has built dsnds from waves using the 2Box sound editior can help you. Personally I use DSoundTool for building my dsnds and it works great:
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,907.0.html
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/