News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

sound editor software (merged thread)

Started by mika77f, January 04, 2010, 01:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim1987

Addictive drummer is a file called xpak, and they say you can't convert into a wav file, and thats the program I want.

It's just not practical to take a laptop out everytime you play live, so I was hoping the 2box would provide the solution.

Manfred

Quote from: tim1987 on April 30, 2010, 06:08:11 PM
Addictive drummer is a file called xpak, and they say you can't convert into a wav file, and thats the program I want.

It's just not practical to take a laptop out everytime you play live, so I was hoping the 2box would provide the solution.

Sorry but i don't know what your problem is. As mentioned before it is already possible to create sounds you can use at the 2Box-module and you don't need to take a laptop everytime you play. Logic is an officially host for Addictive drums so you can use it to record wav files. The only problem is that it is not very comfortable. But it works.

tim1987

Sorry, it's just that XLN have said it would not be possible to put the addictive samples into the 2 box.

But if I use Logic, then I will be able to try and get it in by recording wavs's of each drum/cymbal? I wish I was more of computer techie! I need to learn more about Logic as I have only just got it.

I have the demo of addictive so may have a go at that, and see how it works.

kunkyape

Is there a linux version for the software editor??? As I will eb using this with ubuntu and ardour for recording via midi??

If someone could let me know.

Thanks

Manfred

Quote from: kunkyape on April 30, 2010, 07:24:07 PM
Is there a linux version for the software editor??? As I will eb using this with ubuntu and ardour for recording via midi??

If someone could let me know.

Thanks

As far as i know there is no linux version. But it runs with wine and of course with windows on a virtual machine. I tried both.

But i don't understand how you want to use ardour in combination with the 2box editor?!

PS. Louis editor also works with linux since it is a java application

kunkyape

Sweet, thanks for the heads up. I wouldnt use them both in conjunction with each other it is just i have a netbook in the living room and another laptop running linux in my music room so good just to have all my music programs on that laptop!

By the way, got my smart trigger cymbals which work well, so its all good in the hood!

:drum2:

Manfred

Hello,

does anybody have an idea when we will see the (almost) final version of the editor? Since the beta version can only create single zone sounds and needs separate files for each hit it is not very useful. Do we have to wait several more months or will it be available in the near future?

Manfred

puttenvr

Uhh??
The 2Box uses different velocity layers at this moment. No different (position) zones, so why should the editor support this?
And how can we make a multi layered sound without using separate files?

Manfred

Quote from: puttenvr on June 10, 2010, 01:48:08 PM
The 2Box uses different velocity layers at this moment. No different (position) zones, so why should the editor support this?

The cymbals have three zones but with the 2Box-editor you can only create single-zone-sounds-files. Some snare-sounds for example also include sounds for pad and rim in one file. At the pads it is no problem because you can assign two separate sound files to pad and rim. But at the cymbals it is not possible to assign different files to different zones. Thats why the editor should support this.

Quote from: puttenvr on June 10, 2010, 01:48:08 PM
And how can we make a multi layered sound without using separate files?

With the 2Box editor you need a single wav-file for each hit. So if you want to create a sound with 80 velocity layers you need 80 wav files. With Louis' editor you can have all 80 sounds in one file as long as there is one second silence between the hits. Thats much more comfortable.

Manfred

puttenvr

claes1965

Quote from: Manfred on June 10, 2010, 02:24:52 PM
Hi !

After using both programs for a while a suggestion/question popped up in my head:

Instaed of shifting the balance of the three zones on the ride cymbal in the program, would it be possible to do that zone-mixing in the 2box module instead while you are sitting at the kit ?

Love Steven Slte sounds in my 2box. As a newborn kid again. Life is fun when playing now !

Claes

The cymbals have three zones but with the 2Box-editor you can only create single-zone-sounds-files. Some snare-sounds for example also include sounds for pad and rim in one file. At the pads it is no problem because you can assign two separate sound files to pad and rim. But at the cymbals it is not possible to assign different files to different zones. Thats why the editor should support this.

With the 2Box editor you need a single wav-file for each hit. So if you want to create a sound with 80 velocity layers you need 80 wav files. With Louis' editor you can have all 80 sounds in one file as long as there is one second silence between the hits. Thats much more comfortable.

Manfred

Baby Samus

So whats the deal with you sharing your sounds?  Did you find out if its okay?

Manfred

Quote from: Baby Samus on June 10, 2010, 09:11:55 PM

I read the EULA that comes with SD and it says:

You may not rent, sell, lease or lend, the Product. You may not modify or create derivative works based on the Product in whole in part. You may not permit third parties to benefit from the use of functionality of the Product through a timesharing, service bureau or other arrangement.

and

You may only use the Product only for the purpose of composing musical arrangements and giving live performances.

I'm not a lawyer but i guess its not allowed to share 2Box-sounds that are created out of SD-sounds except you define them as a "musical arrangement". Maybe it is not even allowed to create a dsnd-file for yourself although you bought the software  ???

fishmonkey

i think you'll find similar restrictions with almost all sample packs, not just drum ones.

claes1965

Hi !

I am still working with the huge project of converting all the 50 Steven slate kits for my own use.

I guess it is not ok to put them out here for everybody but on the other hand I have not got time yet to find out. Keep you all posted when i have the latest info.

Claes

Quote from: Baby Samus on June 10, 2010, 09:11:55 PM