News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

sound editor software (merged thread)

Started by mika77f, January 04, 2010, 01:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishmonkey

Quote from: puttenvr on April 24, 2010, 09:05:19 AM
I think those programs use propietaire sound formats which can't be used as long as 2Box doesn't make a covenant with the owners

actually i don't know what file format Toontrack uses, but the BFD samples definitely are wave files...

ncwilliamsuk

unfortunately sd2.0 use their own format.  Is there a good way to sample 128 variations of a drum (or sd2.0 instrument) to create the wav files to put into the editor?

Is there possibly a way to integrate the two?  I think you could do that on the sound editor kindly created a few months ago. 

fishmonkey

well, you could create a MIDI file with the same kit piece played at 128 different velocities, then record to audio and slice it...

not my idea of a good time!

3drum

Hey Fishmonkey,

Use, DSound tool provided by Louis ...it does just what you need to do and automatically. It also does all 3 cymbal trigger zones.

Manfred

Hi,

at first I have to apologize that i supposed 2Box isn't working on the editor. I'm very glad that i have been wrong. Could only test it for a short time but these are my first impressions:

pro:

+ easy editing of kits
+ pre-listen to the sounds and kits
+ easy editing of balance, volume and tune

con:

- samples need to be in many single files
- only single-zone sounds
- no interaction with superior drummer

My first impression is that the kit-editor is pretty good and that there is some work to do on the sound-editor. But hence it is a beta-version its ok. Most important is that there is a editor available.

Manfred

hwasser

Why just superior drums? I want addictive drums!

Manfred

Quote from: hwasser on April 24, 2010, 02:33:45 PM
Why just superior drums? I want addictive drums!

Hehe, thats just my whish list because i own Superior drummer with the Metal Foundry. Of course i don't mind if the editor also supports BFD, Addictive drums and so on.

UC

Hey people, I tried merging the editor threads thread using the my magic admin powers, and it looks like it's even more confusing than before.

Really sorry about that. Won't do it again.

*hangs head in shame*

puttenvr

Quote from: UC on April 24, 2010, 11:57:07 PM
, and it looks like it's even more confusing than before.

That's because you and I link the image to the frontpage on www.2box.se, while the editor wasn't even born at the time this thread started   ;D

mandubien

Hello,

So I'm trying to recreate a bass drum sound, using my recording from my acoustic drum. If I well understood, if I want 50 velocities, I need to create 50 different wave files, one for each velocity and add all of them when I need to choose the files.

The problem is I can't even drag one file, since the software systematically crashes. Is it the same issue for you ? Have you tried to drag some wave files ? Did I do something wrong ?

Thanks for your help.

puttenvr

Dragging some wav files is no problem for me

BUT: i tried to make a dsnd file.
I saved it and when I listened to it, it sounded a bit like micky mouse
I guess it wasn't a 44hz 16 bit wav file
Will do another attempt soon

UC

Hey Mandubien
What's your operating system (including service packs)?

mandubien

Quote from: UC on April 26, 2010, 08:14:45 PM
Hey Mandubien
What's your operating system (including service packs)?

Mac Snow Leopard version 10.6.3

UC

Got to admit I've only played with the Windows one.

Do you get any other symptoms? Error messages, window just disappears, computer freeze?