News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Which hi hat controller works with 2box module... other than 2box?

Started by Anvil123, June 13, 2014, 05:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anvil123

Hi All,

Just ordered my 2box module... wondering which hi hat controller system works with 2box module... I have Roland, Alesis and also can pick up a Yamaha.  At this time, I am triggering my custom mesh kit and have an assortment of electronic cymbals as well... I have a couple of mix and match ekits and would rather use the equipment that I have... however if 2box is superior, I will buy the hi hat and controller.

My module will arrive soon and want to jump right in and get playing  :patbat2box:

Thanks so much,

JameStickson

fulrmr

Umm..none of them....sorry. Your best bet since you did not order a HH pad from 2Box is to buy a control box to attach to your HH stand pedal from Jman and use whatever cymbal pad you like. Look in the For Sale forums here.

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=1890.0

Anvil123

Thanks so much for the reply... I will check out what you mentioned and/or maybe just buck up for 2box gear  :rock:

Thanks, JameStickson

fulrmr

No problem. I prefer the control box mod with my DW cable remote HH "stand" rather than the factory 2Box pad/controller and because of the multiple options of cymbal pads and nice stands on the market...this option makes it very user friendly and customizable to your feel and needs. However even with the factory 2Box pad/controller...the nice stand with good adjustable spring is the key to optimal triggering and accurate  set up in the module. IMHO. 

Anvil123

Hi,

Better late than never.  Thanks for the reply... am finally back to 2box... got Jman's conversion box... am using Yamaha Rh135 I believe... works great!  Have had computer and some life glitches... finally all coming together :)

Bought BFD3 as well, still have to set up fully in my Daw... Reaper... Almost at the point of actually recording with BFD3 for my MIDI buddy and to get best possible, tweaKable recordings... now am going to set up all 8 outs from the module into Reaper... not sure how to do it but hasn't stopped me yet.  My buddy was in awe with the 2box kits... reeal time, no lag... he's a producer for Front Line assembly... my advisor when I can coax him over.

I just made a commitment to record and release 12 songs by the end of this year... here I am telling you as well :)  Not a techy but have learned a ton.  No real budget to pull it off, but I will get best sound possible with other bandmate, then bring in other players.  I sing as well... yup another singer/drummer coming out of the closet.

Came back on the forum to see if anyone has set up recordings, before I dive in.  Going to read more of the manual as well of course.  Any advice on recording please do share?

Talk care, happy drumming and enjoy this awesome and challenging life ;D

JameStickson