News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

broken mesh head and hi hat....

Started by mandubien, January 06, 2010, 09:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandubien

Hi there,

So as many people here, I've broken a tom mesh head after 1h of normal playing (new sticks, normal hitting). So I will replace all of them (except kick) by Roland mesh heads.

2box REALLY need to do something about that !

About the hi hat, well, it's really not easy to play it. Unfortunetly, the normal stand I have is worse than the one from 2box, I have to change it. Anyway, I hope a future update will increase the hi hat accuracy.

NeilC

I think for those who have had broken headds already, these must've been damaged to start with. I have had mine since August and still nothing wrong with them (5a's with nylon tips) makes a difference from my 2B's I use with the acoustic kit...

mandubien

Quote from: NeilC on January 07, 2010, 09:20:18 AM
I think for those who have had broken headds already, these must've been damaged to start with. I have had mine since August and still nothing wrong with them (5a's with nylon tips) makes a difference from my 2B's I use with the acoustic kit...

I use the same sticks for my acoustic and the 2box (Dennis Chambers Signature). You think it's better to use nylon tips ? I called the store where I purchased the kit (La Baguetterie Strasbourg - France), and we will ask for a manufacturing defect to get new heads.

NeilC

People will say different, but non nylon tipped sticks have a habit of splintering and therefore plucking at your mesh heads... as long as the nylon tip is smooth, they should last a hell of a long time!

mandubien

I have a Roland TD12 in my rock band for rehearsals and I always play with the wood stocks. After 3 years, I've never changed the meshs and they're still fine.

Baby Samus

Quote from: mandubien on January 07, 2010, 11:02:10 AM
I have a Roland TD12 in my rock band for rehearsals and I always play with the wood stocks. After 3 years, I've never changed the meshs and they're still fine.

Yes but Roland heads are dual ply, whereas 2Box heads are single ply.  Also (here in the u.k) 1 Roland 8" head costs around £25.  My 2Box heads still perfect...

mandubien

Quote from: Baby Samus on January 07, 2010, 01:22:04 PM
Yes but Roland heads are dual ply, whereas 2Box heads are single ply.  Also (here in the u.k) 1 Roland 8" head costs around £25.  My 2Box heads still perfect...

Actually, I will use a Roland head while I will wait for a new original head. The other heads are good, it was probably a transport problem or manufacturing.