News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Quality of Pads

Started by TrommelTheo, January 01, 2010, 02:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrommelTheo

OK... I´m too tired to translate all the Topic into English, but the Pictures from AA_ in the following Link and what he have written about that... oh oh...
http://www.drummerforum.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=40438&pageNo=34

Greez

Theo

puttenvr

What is the sense of this topic?
Most people have zero problems with the pads (only a few broken mesh heads)
And if I disassemble my bike (also chinese made) I scare too

Dr.Wu

I do have several problems with my pads and none is related to broken meshheads.
A cable of the rim piezo in my snarepad came loose and i cant use the rim trigger anymore.
Since this is happening not only to me i am expecting similiar cases to show up real soon. Anyone could be next!
The rubber pieces that sit beneath the rims are falling out of the pads. I already have like 4 pieces that i picked up from the floor.
There are serious quality control issues with the 2box and i think it is in the interest of everybody to bring those to the attention of everyone.

Manfred

Quote from: puttenvr on January 01, 2010, 08:46:40 AM
What is the sense of this topic?

It is a generally topic about the 2Box drumit five. AA_ opened the pad because something clatters. On the pictures on page 34 he critisizes following points:

- the notch for the connector does not fit to it
- no washer at the connector, the connector seems to be the reason for the clattering
- the surface of the ring where the mesh head is being laid out is not smooth
- due to this the mesh gets damaged
- the surface of the piece that touches the small rim-piezo is also not smooth
- fine cracks in the plastic-ring of the rims

There is also an account of a loosen solder joint at a cymbal in the same thread.

In my opinion the design of the rims looks fragile. Maybe the plastic ring will be a often needed spare part.

roel

Is this also for the latest 2box pads (2e delivery) these problems?

Remi

I have a kit of the second shipment.
No problems at all (so far)

Scottie

Quote from: Dr.Wu on January 01, 2010, 11:05:20 AM
I do have several problems with my pads and none is related to broken meshheads.
A cable of the rim piezo in my snarepad came loose and i cant use the rim trigger anymore.
Since this is happening not only to me i am expecting similiar cases to show up real soon. Anyone could be next!
The rubber pieces that sit beneath the rims are falling out of the pads. I already have like 4 pieces that i picked up from the floor.
There are serious quality control issues with the 2box and i think it is in the interest of everybody to bring those to the attention of everyone.

Hi Dr.Wu

I think you should contact Hyperactive in Germany, who will swap this snare pad over for you no problem!
When we spoke before about your cymbal they were more then happy to swap that over, but after i brought the situation to their attention, they never heard from the store or yourself to get this issue sorted for you.

If you need me to speak to them for you, then let me know?

Thanks
Scott

Dr.Wu

thanks Scottie,
i fixed the cymbal myself since my dealer told me that they didnt have any exchange pads at the time.
Hopefully the situation has improved and they have some spare snarepads in stock.

If you could hook me up with the guy in charge at Hyperactive i would be very grateful.

best
Hans

Baby Samus

Quote from: Remi on January 01, 2010, 03:40:10 PM
I have a kit of the second shipment.
No problems at all (so far)

I also got a kit from the second shipment (polycarbonate rims, new stronger hi-hat clamp, latest O/S) - no problems for me either.

I have no idea of how many 2Box kits are 'in the wild' but it would be interesting to see how many people have these kind problems and whether the majority of them got kits from the first or second shipment, or its just a mixture of both.  Maybe we could sort by serial number...