build drum platform without bass drum being present with gibraltor rack

Started by hemiboy, March 01, 2014, 12:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemiboy

Hey guys. I am building a drum platform this weekend without my 20 by 16  kick drum being with me. It is being shipped but won't be here in time. Normally , I would wait.  but , the tools and manpower help are only available this weekend so I have to do it now. Any body working with a rack system with a similar sized kick drum? I guess I could measure from where I set up my kick pedals and get a good idea. Probably sounds a little OCD, but I am working with a tight space, and I don't want the platform to be any bigger than it absolutely has to be! I am looking for an approximate measurement forward from the front  bar. It is a 2 up one down with 12 13 and 16 sized toms if that matters, but I really don't think so. I am 6 foot tall as well

fulrmr

Well...you've probly seen my monster kit...my platform is a 7 ft circle on casters made from 2x4s and OSB. I would think you could get away with a 5 or 6 ft circle or square(maybe even 4ft) to accommodate a kit your size and still have room for strategic placement of monitors...rack mixer....snake...etc....