News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Need some programming help

Started by Steve, January 07, 2010, 09:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

I see how to change the snare rim sound with the more button but two things with the cymbals. 

1. They will not choke - factory kits

2. Can't seem to change the bell and cym rim sounds? more button does not work
                  nothing in the manual or am I missing it?

NeilC

From the ever helpful Scottie:

Press UNIT and navigate to the TRIG page, then push one of the cymbal buttons on the left hand side of the Unit. From here you should have the preference for that Cymbal displayed. Then if you look on the top row of the display, it will say Choke, check that is set to On. If it is off simply click the button above it.

As for the samples on bell and rim, not too sure, as I dont really use the sounds on the module...

Orange

My cymbals won't choke either.
And the setting is turned to "On".

Travis182

Are you grabbing them right on the edge?

Steve

maybe not - will try the edge - how do we change the bell and edge sound?

UC

Hi Steve
You'll need to wait a little while (month or two) for the 2box boys to bring out the Sound Editor software, which I think will give control over layers (the 2box can play wavs but the multisamples are in their own .dsnd format).

As for the choke, another thing you might want to check for is that the cable you've plugged into the cymbal is stereo not mono. Do neither of your cymbals choke?

cheers
Tom

Steve

Glad to know I can't change the bell and rim sound as I am pretty familiar with electronics and felt stupid - I did not grab the cymbal  edge properly - it works fine.