News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

How many layers?

Started by dj_porter, March 05, 2014, 01:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj_porter

Hi!

I made like 300 custom sounds with SDSE (bless!) and when i did convert the wavs with dsoundtool i get 2 or 3 layers per DSND , sometimes one.
can somebody tell me, how many layers each DSND needs to have on snare, kick and tom to sounds good please?

cheers

Jman

Quote from: dj_porter on March 05, 2014, 01:41:28 PM
Hi!

I made like 300 custom sounds with SDSE (bless!) and when i did convert the wavs with dsoundtool i get 2 or 3 layers per DSND , sometimes one.
can somebody tell me, how many layers each DSND needs to have on snare, kick and tom to sounds good please?

cheers
We need more information. Are these sounds from a VST? If so what one? What instruments? Most VSTs have a lot more than 2 or 3 samples per articulation.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Lustar

I just looked at it with dj_porter and apparently the volume was set much too low in SD2 before exporting. SDSE will maximize the volume before converting from .wav to .dsnd but we can't have the volume extremely low either.

If anyone ever had the same issue: when exporting it's absolutely not necessary to change the volume from the VST, unless SDSE warns about clipping (usually when exporting from a preset set too loud) in which case we just have to lower the volume a bit and try again.

dj_porter

my fault i know lol
thank you man for your help! today I did transfer all the custom sounds and even the single layer Simmons sounds are amazing!
cheers