News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Module weirdness...

Started by fishmonkey, March 11, 2014, 11:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishmonkey

last night i turned on the module and some strange things started happening.

firstly, the module jumps backwards and forwards between kits uncontrollably when turning the dial to select another kit. sometimes it would scroll around for half a minute before finally stopping. i thought maybe the potentiometer was dodgy, however it seems to work fine when selecting other parameters.

secondly, once a kit is chosen, nearly everything works okay. however, i have noticed that some loops will not play. for example, the reggae loop on the first tom rim of the #5 Cube Beech kit won't play, although the file is still listed for the kit piece.

has anyone else experienced such weirdnesses???

i have been using a 32 GB SDHC card with an extender for many months without any issues, i and haven't made any any changes to the card recently.

hmmm... the module won't boot at all using the original card in the extender. i guess i need to open it up later and test the cards without the extender...

Murgen

Dust/dirt in the extenderslot or wear and tear in the extender cable. Also, powersupply? And after midnight a serious case of Gremlins is plausible as well.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

fishmonkey

okay, it turns out the extender cable is damaged, probably where the sharp bend is on the end that plugs into the card holder inside the module. the problem is the two ramped ridges in the casing that are designed to hold a card in place by pressed on the end of it.

i've installed a spare extender cable that i already had, however maybe sometime in the future i will grind some of those ridges off with my Dremel...

aaaaand, although the extender cable was also damaged and a bit flaky, it turns out i had also accidentally switched one of my MIDI interfaces into thru mode, so it was looping back program change messages to the 2Box module. that was causing the kit change weirdness. and causing the reggae loop to be stopped immediately after being triggered. duh.