News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Snare Rim doesnt work anymore

Started by Dr.Wu, December 29, 2009, 12:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UC

Hope you get it sorted soon Dr Wu!

Scottie

Quote from: Dr.Wu on December 30, 2009, 09:31:20 PM
upon further inspection it seems that there is nothing to solder because the cable came off at the piezo side.
the piezo is glued to the case and i cant see any possibility to reattach the cable.
probably a job for the service center that requieres exhanging the complete piezo.
Gonna contact the german distributor for an exchange.
Glad i kept my old Roland snare pad so i can continue using the kit while i wait for an exchange.

Hi Dr.Wu

Have you accessed the snare pad i.e changed the mesh head at all?

Thanks
Scott

Thanks
Scott

Dr.Wu

no-sofar the meshheads on my kit didnt need to be changed-the only thing i did was bang on the pad with a pair of drumsticks when
i suddenly noticed that the rimtrigger doesnt work anymore.
I opened the pad and saw the loose cable.
Thats it.
At first i thought i might be able to fix it myself but the piezo is so tiny and i cant see any possible solderingpoint so i guess this needs to be fixed by the german distributor. Maybe i can get an improved exchange pad from the second production run.

medk

I've noticed that the rim trigger on my 2Box snare-pad only pics up some of the hits. When I set the brain in Unit View mode and hit the pads, the brain shows which trigger-type is activated. This is where I can see, that only some of my hits on the snare-rim is registered by the brain. Also of course I'm able to hear that the rim-sound does not play. All the toms and cymbals seem to be working just fine.

NeilC

Mine only seems to trigger between sort of 7 o'clock to 11 o'clock, and even then it;s tempremental.

alainV

I had the same problem as NeilC with the snare rim. I took off the head, verified all the rubber attaches, tested the floating movement, then mount the head again.

It was a bit better.
Then I changed the threshold of the rim to almost the maximum, and increased the gain

Now it's really good. When I hit both the mesh and the rim, the sound resonate well, and its a great pad to play

Manfred

Hello,

there is also a problem with the rim on my snare. The sensitivity depends pretty much on the position. If i hit the rim at position 10 or 11 "o'clock" it triggers very nice. But if I hit it at another position the sensitivity is very bad. Can't get 100% at the meter on the trigger page. The other side of the sensor (at 1 or 2 o'clock) is bad too.

Any hints how this can be fixed?

Greets, Manfred

NeilC

Same as me really, Manfred. If you remove the head you will see why this is happening. The trigger for the rim sounds is only connected to the floating rim at 12 o'clock, so to speak, and only on one side so it will be more sensitive to movement around the 9 - 11 o'clock regions.

This may be why you have trouble, mine wasn't seated properly when I received my kit and reseating it made a hugfe difference. Be careful not to overtighten the head as this will 'choke' the triggering of the rim... I don't know if this will be improved upon, the only thing I can say is the tom rims work flawlessly.

Sorry Ic an't be of more help...

puttenvr

Yeah, that's a bit strange: the tom rims seem to be far more sensitive than the snare

Manfred

Hi,

before I start to take apart the snare I want to know what the german distributor thinks about the problems. Yesterday I wrote an email to them. Don't forget that the drum set costs about 2000 Euro. In my opinion they should deliver a good working snare pad. And if not, I hope they care about the problems.

Greets, Manfred

NeilC

Quote from: puttenvr on January 13, 2010, 06:27:24 PM
Yeah, that's a bit strange: the tom rims seem to be far more sensitive than the snare

Maybe its because the toms are that bit smaller...

Perico

Hi,
being a new owner I have noticed this problem with the snare rim.
Mine trigger well close to the trigger where the 2 box logo is, but that's not the better spot for me.
I setted a china cymbal to my snare rim at that was very obvious!
Is there some user with a good snare rim all around the pad?
Thanks

puttenvr

You should assing a click sound to the snare rim
(since the rim does trigger good with a china cymbal, it's not a triggering problem but the weak acoustic rim sound)

fishmonkey

i think Perico means that using a China cymbal makes the uneven rim triggering very obvious...

Perico

Yes you'r right fishmonkey!
Do you have the same problem?