News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RP

Hello

I´ve read almost all of the messages in this forum, and i´m still confused, but on a higher level....

Today i picked up the phone and call some distibutors here i sweden, the first one (big drum company) says it´s crap go for Roland... the second one said, it´s really good and the feeling is incredible...

So, who can you trust, must say that China doesn´t ring any qualitybells in my head...

But... i still want this set to be amazing, so i can buy one... Should i stay or should i go?

RP

Remi

Is that a right question on a 2Box forum?

Baby Samus

Quote from: RP on May 04, 2010, 07:08:07 PM
Hello

I´ve read almost all of the messages in this forum, and i´m still confused, but on a higher level....

Today i picked up the phone and call some distibutors here i sweden, the first one (big drum company) says it´s crap go for Roland... the second one said, it´s really good and the feeling is incredible...

So, who can you trust, must say that China doesn´t ring any qualitybells in my head...

But... i still want this set to be amazing, so i can buy one... Should i stay or should i go?

RP

Ideally you should try one out to compare to a Roland.  If you cannot try one, listen to the demo's and video's, read what people say on the forum, and decide.  Nothing is perfect, 2Box has some problems but then so do Roland. 

Its really up to you what you decide is best, because its your opinion.  Someone here may say it is better than Roland, but then another might say Roland is better - only you can decide what to buy based on the information you have available.  No one can tell you.

rythm

My story so far:
I took the step from Roland top model TDW-20 to DrumIt Five because of the better sounds in DrumIt. I wasn´t able to get good natural sounds when gigging with Roland, but Drumit delivered it right out of the box. So I´m overall happy. The cymbals is the weakest point but will be upgraded later with new software, I was told.
The hardware may look thin but works well for me. I find it easier to setup the kit and adjust it better to my liking. And though it´s purely individual I find them more fun to play on and they also look good on stage IMHO.
Worth mentioning is lightyears better communication between 2Box and customers, compared to Roland.

puttenvr

What Baby Samus says ...
And don't listen to distibutors or shop keepers. They all have their (commercial or unconsciously incompetent) reasons to promote or reject a product.

Drumisan

hello,

Buy first a good headphone (you 'll need anyway with an edrum), then take it to a shop where you can try different kit, that will help you make your choice...

RP

Thanks for all advise, i´ll try to find a set so i can check... no dealer around here has one home unfortunately.

I have good headphones, playing Roland for some years, something have to be good ;)

I´ll follow all the comments in this excellent forum, and hopefully i got my own Drumit five before the summer...

Thanks
RP

Tim Way

Hi peeps, this is my first post and I just want to say great stuff. I pop in now and again and if there is one thing that is very apparent, 2box are getting it right. From the very first time I saw a live demo at Absolute Music on the Drumit 5 I was hooked. Just like to say congratulations.

Evy

HELLLOO!!!!  First time user!  How's everybody?

Anyhoo...I used to own a Roland(gasp) TD9KX...sold it cuz I missed the acoustic thing, but am now looking to get back into edrumming..
I was amazed to find my local music store(Vancouver, Canada) had a 2Box kit "somewhere in the back" still in its 2 boxes.  The salesman let me take it home to try before I buy, and I don't know about the rest of you, be these are the best damn sounding electronic drums I have ever heard!  Especially at the price point.  I am actually amazed how real the toms sound.  And none of the useless stuff Roland throws in.  Here they're selling for 2400 canadian, which is pretty cheap for what you get.  And consider the TD9 is 2600..
Sadly I can't buy it right now.. :( but it's good to know that when I am ready I know this IS the kit to get.
See ya ;)

UC

Hey Evy, welcome aboard!

You won't need that spare kidney if all you're doing is drumming all day ;D

Hope you get to take home a 2box for keeps in the not too distant future :)

cheers
Tom

rythm

Hi Evy and Tom - welcome! I see you´ve discovered how good the DrumIt Five is as I did. Cheers!

roel

So happy with my 2box drumit five kit!!!, Iam playing it almost every day now.
When can we expect a new update?  :patbat2box:

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on June 20, 2010, 11:18:39 AM
Update on what?

about a better response from the cymbals especially the ride cymbal.

ronniev

Hi all,

I'm Ron, all the way from The Netherlands.
Just what I needed.....a 2box forum....just great !
The only problem is my technical English, it's not great.
But maybe Puttenvr is willing to help when needed  ;)

On the last day of June I ordered a 2box kit.
I am still waiting to get it  :(
My set will be delivered somewhere around september 4th.
The good news is that it will be the new improved MK2.
Worth waiting I think. Check the pic.

I never seen or heard a 2box live, only on the internet.
But I am convinced already.
Also thanks to Puttenvr who told me about the pros and cons.

When I get it I will make some nice pics to show.

Greets, Ron  :drum1: