News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

halftime

Welcome to the 2box community, Rere. The 2box system is a special one. What I like about it is the compatibility with a wide range of pads of different brands and of course the superb sound quality of multi-layer samples. Unfortunately my experience with custom samples hasn't been very good, but i still think the DrumIt 3 and 5 are good modules for their price.

Rere

Quote from: halftime on February 06, 2022, 07:33:25 PM
Unfortunately my experience with custom samples hasn't been very good

Hello,
What do you mean? It is too hard or complicated? Could you explain please.
Thanks

halftime

Quote from: Rere on February 07, 2022, 10:04:52 AM
Hello,
What do you mean? It is too hard or complicated? Could you explain please.
Thanks

I've had problems with samples I've exported from VSTs. If you search the forum for the word "glitching", you will find some of my posts about the issue. All the built-in samples work well and they are enough for my purposes, but I'm a bit frustrated that I can't really use the module's full potential.

Karbonfaiba

Have you tried SDSE exporting samples from GetGoodDrums? Can we eliminate SD3 as the cause? What about AD2 as well?

I think some of the One Kit Wonders on 2box are some of the most joyful experiences you can have on electronic drums period. They cut through any music you need, but unlike any Roland module; the drum tones aren't butchered by synthesis, and unlike any EFNOTE module; not hampered by limited velocity layers. You can drum solo/roll with exceptional authenticity.

halftime

Quote from: Karbonfaiba on February 07, 2022, 12:09:49 PM
Have you tried SDSE exporting samples from GetGoodDrums? Can we eliminate SD3 as the cause? What about AD2 as well?

I have tried exports from SD2, SSD 5.5 free and Komplete Studio Drummer and they all had the same issue. I don't know if SD3, GGD or AD2 would make any difference.

Rere

Quote from: halftime on February 07, 2022, 11:51:55 AM
I've had problems with samples I've exported from VSTs. If you search the forum for the word "glitching", you will find some of my posts about the issue. All the built-in samples work well and they are enough for my purposes, but I'm a bit frustrated that I can't really use the module's full potential.

Thanks for your answer. I haven't tried yet to export VSTs.

Murgen

--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012