News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

welshsteve

Hihat stand - any will work. If you want to clamp it to the rack, a legless one probably would be best, just for the look. But they're harder to come by.
Snare snare - most will work, make sure that they can be used on 12" drums
sticks - whatever feels comfortable. If you're starting out, 5a (medium light) is a good weight for a beginner. Truth be told, best stick weight is something that you'll figure out over time. Over the years I have used all sorts of weights. I eventually settled on 5b weight. But I would have a 7a (light) pair on hand on quiet/jazz gigs.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Arutiungevon78

Thank you my friend! Ok so I think it's clear about snare stand.👍
"Meinl MHL low height hi hat stand. Made for Cajon players." Don't really know what that means but that's what it says. What do you think of that one? Can the original 2box hi hat stand be considered as low height? I'm just curious about the hi hat mechanism itself and how is that gonna fit. To me it looks like a big deal now and kind of specific. Hopefully I'm wrong.
And yes I'm starting out so probably the lighter the sticks the better. Time will show then. 👍 Thank you so much for your thoughts!

Blocos77

Hello all,
Matthieu from France, 42 years old and delighted to join you.

I am considering investing in a Drumit 5 MK2.
I already have an ATV AD5 for which I am very satisfied with the sounds of HH and Ride cymbals but I find the number of sounds for the tomes limited, and I cannot find any snare that suits me because they really lack punch and don't cut through the mix when I play on music for example.

My idea is to keep the ATV module for cymbals, and work on the D5 MK2 for everything else (bass drum snare and tomes), if the basic sounds of the module don't suit me I like it. idea of ??being able to make kits that sound "perfectly to my ear" from SD3, everything would be blend on my RCF mixer as I do now (TD-17 for the snare drum and some cymbals and the rest coming from AD5).

But it is difficult to find informations on this module, I still did not understand, for example if we could directly modify the kits in the module (from the moment or the sounds were recorded in it) or if each time you had to create your kits on a PC and import them into the module ...
I hope to be able to find the answers to my questions here and finally decide to order a DF MK2, and not need to spend more than 2000 euros in a Mimic Pro to obtain a conclusive result on "all" the sounds of my drums.

edcito

Bonjour et bienvenu!
the only things you can change in the module are a basic 3 band EQ and 2 types of effects: delay and flanger, that's it, so you will need to change and export the sounds in your VST but they will sound differently anyway once imported in the module, you can check the french manual of the drumit5 mk2 here: https://2box-drums.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/2BOX-DrumIt-Five-MKII-Mode-demploi.pdf

windstar

Hello,

I am Ivo from Germany and pretty much 61 years of age. This year I started to learn drums, so I bought me a Roland Kit. In the 80th I Made Synthpop with a friend of mine and now I want to start this again. Beside working with my teacher since 6 weeks I am drumming to the songs of Depeche Mode just for fun.
My interests are making my own sounds for the drums and my workstation.
This idea brought me to keep an eye on the drumit 5 mk2 as a new drum Module for my Set.
It's too bad that the USB connector is not able to send and receive Midi Data.
Ok I maybe find a solution around this with what I can work. Normally I didn't want to go back to old stile Midi connection. Except this, everything else will fit my idea.

Cheers
Ivo

HenrikManeski

Wanted to give you all credit for a job well done with this great forum! I have learned a lot from reading the posts entered here. A month ago I became an owner of a drumit five with the mkll rack, module serial 22xx. Got nice tips for ex. solutions regarding the "wobbly" kick pad, but ended up with my own invention for this "problem". I don't know how to post an image yet. But I will figure it out and post it in the existing thread/s.

Been an adrummer since I started and have owned so many different kits and brands that I have lost count. Never satisfied. With this "box" I can switch sounds, kits, tuning with the push of a button depending on the mood for the day. Wonder why I didn't think of doing the conversion earlier. Would have saved a lot of time and money.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you, and looking forward to chat around with you all about whatever it will be! Cheers from Sweden! :)

Deve Loper

Hi Henrik. Välkommen!
Ser nr 22xx is an orange Mk1 module I guess?
Still going strong that one.
Hoppas du orkar trumma trots värmen :-)
Best, Deve (Stockholm).

HenrikManeski

Quote from: Deve Loper on July 15, 2021, 07:37:20 AM
Hi Henrik. Välkommen!
Ser nr 22xx is an orange Mk1 module I guess?
Still going strong that one.
Hoppas du orkar trumma trots värmen :-)
Best, Deve (Stockholm).

Tack så mycket, Deve Loper! Yes, it's the mk1 module with the 32gb memory upgrade from Zourman Drums. Did the upgrade yesterday and it works like a charm! This is good stuff. Very pleased! :)

Trummar i 250 bpm så fläktar det gött! 8)
Brgds, Henrik

ANGR77

Quote from: HenrikManeski on July 15, 2021, 08:33:54 PM
Tack så mycket, Deve Loper! Yes, it's the mk1 module with the 32gb memory upgrade from Zourman Drums. Did the upgrade yesterday and it works like a charm! This is good stuff. Very pleased! :)

Trummar i 250 bpm så fläktar det gött! 8)
Brgds, Henrik

Henrik, Kul att du fick ordning på minnes uppgraderingen!

Hälsningar
Anders / www.Zourman.Com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

edcito

Harry2572

Howdy all - my 5 mk2 is being delivered tomorrow, purchased after chopping in my TD3 for a TD12 and I then fell foul of the dodgy display issue. My guitarist is hoping to fix it so I can sell it on to some other poor soul! I agonised between 2box and a TD27 but here I am.

Have been drumming for over 30 years, latterly using my electronic kit for gigs due to size, volume and convenience. Looking forward to getting stuck into the module and I promise I'll scour the forum before asking any stupid questions!
Drumit 5 Mk2
Roland: KD8, PD125, PD80 x 3 (DIY converted to 85s), PD8, 3 x CY12, CY5, Lemon hi hat.

Slamstick

Ask away , for the most part , the members here are happy to help without looking for recognition for their wisdom, ha, ha, ha. !

Rere

Hello,

New in this forum, from France.

Because I don't have a lot of space in my music room and to stay friends with my neighbors, along time ago I bought a Roland TD12KV. Because I didnt' enjoyed the synthetic sound of the toms and the feel with the cymbals, I sold it for an entry level drum Pearl Roadshow junior with Remo silenstroke and Zildjan Low volume L80.
Recently, I was tired of the sound of the toms with silenstroke (not enough basses), so I've decided to turn my drum in an electronic drum with natural sounds.
I bought Oval drums engeenering triggers ans a 2Box drummit 5 mkii module.
I tested it for the first time yesterday, and it seems really great.
The 2Box module, however, deserves its legend of lack of user-friendliness!  ;)

Regards!

welshsteve

Hey mate, welcome to the family!

Yep, the Drumit3 and 5 do not get enough love as far as I am concerned the edrum world, but I feel there is a momentum of people shouting their corner thankfully. They do offer something few other module does. The ability to load in custom multi samples.

Yeah, the Alesis Strike does and now the Yamaha DTX6 and ProX modules do. (I think these are great module btw) But with a limited storage limit on the 6 and a 256mb on the proX. For the most part, that should be enough for one kit of drums alone on the pro6, and a few more on the ProX module. I watched a Japanese video of a guy doing just this, but golly did it look long winded and time consuming. The results are great, but like I say, it was a bit of a marathon to achieve.

Thankfully the 2box kits, the Drumit app for Mac/Pc takes seconds! And with the 32 gigabyte card slot expansion for the drumit3 (already with a 4gig card space) and the built in slot for the drumit5 mk2, space limit is way less of an issue.

Alesis strike have a nice app too, but there is still 200mb limit to deal with. Again, if you're only talking about one or two custom kits or whatever, that should be fine. But if your the guy that wants more and more... 2box still stands alone in this field.

I made many custom samples from SSD5 for my 2box modules, and it really opened the potential. The kit will sound as good as the sound you want to put in it.

welshsteve

Quote from: Rere on February 06, 2022, 09:06:40 AM

The 2Box module, however, deserves its legend of lack of user-friendliness!  ;)

Regards!

yeah it's a learning curve. But I have had many modules and trigger devices, anything new will require a learning curve. It's the same for all tech. For example, I had a XR18 mixer for years, I moved over to a Allen and Heath QuPac, while it blows the XR18 out of the water sonically, it took a few weeks to work my head around the menus. I know synth players that when they get a new piece of kit, the first few weeks are spent learning the menus and sound editing.