News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgb

I'm using the 2box pads along with two Roland CY-8 cymbals

Dennis

Hi Dennis from Australia in a newbie to the 2box camp, loving the ability to use custom drum sounds, will be test running it with the band this weekend . I will try out endre's enerd  peavey kit as I like the sound through the phones and and hoping it will sound good on th pa 😉

Jman

Quote from: Dennis on September 17, 2015, 09:38:04 AM
Hi Dennis from Australia in a newbie to the 2box camp, loving the ability to use custom drum sounds, will be test running it with the band this weekend . I will try out endre's enerd  peavey kit as I like the sound through the phones and and hoping it will sound good on th pa 😉
Welcome to the forum. Just be sure to assign cymbals and HH sounds as needed. Or substitute the Endre drums for the drums of one of your existing kits. The Endre kits don't have the cymbals yet, just drums.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Dennis

Thanks jman yeah I've done all the cymbals and your hi hat controller works a treat. A really great feature I found was being able to save unit settings for different kits so I have one for my full electric kit and one for my acoustic kit that I trigger live with my band very cool

MrBubaG

Hello all, newbie from Scotland here. Just ordered 2box module online this morning hooray! I have an old Roland TD-10 set up with the following pads: Kd120; 2 x Pd120; Pd9; Pd100; Pd85; Cy5 and 3 x Cy8.

I've read a few bits already regards using Roland pads and know there will be issues with some of the triggering but not expecting to be able to get rid of the TD-10 module on its own easily, so expect I'll use both. Will get my search hat on and find all the good info I need from the forum.

Cheers
Sean

Jman

Quote from: MrBubaG on October 13, 2015, 10:51:16 AM
Hello all, newbie from Scotland here. Just ordered 2box module online this morning hooray! I have an old Roland TD-10 set up with the following pads: Kd120; 2 x Pd120; Pd9; Pd100; Pd85; Cy5 and 3 x Cy8.

I've read a few bits already regards using Roland pads and know there will be issues with some of the triggering but not expecting to be able to get rid of the TD-10 module on its own easily, so expect I'll use both. Will get my search hat on and find all the good info I need from the forum.

Cheers
Sean
Welcome to the forum Sean. The pads you list should play fine with the 2Box with the latest OS. There are more trigger parameter choices in the new OS which makes it more friendly for compatibility IMO. From your list your crashes can be setup simply using CyEdg trigger type. The Ride is the one thing that is not covered well with your existing pads, at least for consistent Bow/Bell/Edge response. And one of the CY-5 or CY-8 could be used for Hi Hat with this: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1890.0.html
Again, welcome to the forum, J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

baskeheurs

Hello 2boxers.

I'm Bas from Belgium.
I've been reading for some time here,but never registered until now.

Bought my 2box in may this year,because I have no more space to put my acoustic kit.
loved the fact about the sampling part so pulled the "trigger" on the 2box.

Finally completed my drum/music room (aka home of the washing machine...) so unfolded the gibraltar,slapped the pads on,added some gen16's and bam...I'm happy.

the 2box is just amazing.
possibilities are endless.
even the sampling works quite easy.

so that's why i finally registered.
to say thanks to you for having this much info on here.

and hopefully there will be more people that will see the possibilities of the 2box.

kind regards,
Bas

metaldrummer

Hello!!!

Glad I found this place.

I'm from Sweden and I play metal and trying to keep the chops up to date. :rock:
I used to have a Roland budget kit just to practice on when no access to my aucustic kit.
Today I don't have time to rehearse with a band so I focus only on Digital Drums.
So I got my used MKII about 3months ago and I'm very very pleased with the feel and sound. 8)
I added 2 cymbals (Roland) as well so I got 2 crashes and 1 china. :)

My plan is to either rebuild the bassdrum to a MKII(I got the MKI) or buy the MKII.
It's really loud and therefore I have to stop practising too early, and that's one of the the point having a digital drum kit, too practice without disturbing.

I think 2box has good enough quality sound to be used in a studio situation.
I have some projects and we're planning to record at home.
Only the mixing will be done in a studio so we'll see how it will turn out.

Cheers !!!

tostigroover

Hello everyone,

Let me get my biggest confession out of the way: I do not own a Drumit 5 kit. I hope to rectify this mistake in the future.

Years ago I owned a Yamaha DTX v2.0 but I sold it because I needed to travel a lot for my work and studies. Now that I am settled down in my home country of the Netherlands, I hope to acquire some kits again. While I did pick up a quality acoustic kit, I think my neighbours will only continue to like me if I play on an electronic kit at home.

After reviewing the information available online, I have set my sights on the Drumit 5 Mk. II for an electronic kit. What sold me was the fact that it's an open system: adding my own sounds to the library sounds like a dream come true. Additionally, I think I prefer mesh heads over Yamaha's rubber pads but to be fair, I hear they have improved those. Still, the open module won me over.

So while I do not own a Drumit 5 Mk. II kit (edit: not module), I hope to find one in the future. When I saw these forums also had a marketplace, I figured I'd read up and keep an eye on offers simultaneously. Two birds with one drum stroke.

Cheers,
Tosti.

Coda

Welcome.

BTW - there isn't to my knowledge a Drumit 5 Mk. II module. There is a Drumit 5 Mk. II kit, where the rack was improved, but if you buy just the module, it's a Drumit 5 module, version 1. The firmware has been improved though, which you can get on 2box's download page, if you happen to pick up a used module with the older firmware on it.

tostigroover

Quote from: Coda on August 07, 2016, 03:54:08 PM
Welcome.
Thanks, Coda.

QuoteBTW - there isn't to my knowledge a Drumit 5 Mk. II module.
Whoops, that was a typo on my end. I meant to say "Drumit 5 Mk. II kit", not "Drumit 5 Mk. II module." Thanks for spotting it.

QuoteThere is a Drumit 5 Mk. II kit, where the rack was improved, but if you buy just the module, it's a Drumit 5 module, version 1. The firmware has been improved though, which you can get on 2box's download page, if you happen to pick up a used module with the older firmware on it.
Since I don't own anything related to electronic drums any more, I predict I will be better off buying an entire Mk. II kit. If I'll try to gather all the parts, I'm way too dependent on the right parts being sold.

Murgen

Hi all,

Been away for quite a while. It does not mean I'm not playing my drums but busy with other stuff. In the past weeks I installed the latest GEN16 software and it looks simpler but also more limited (Zildjian is not working with Julia at the moment). My 2Box is still going strong, no issues what so ever.

How are ya all?
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

PeteThePole

Hi there,

I'm a long time lurker, own a 2box since about 3 years.
I hope to receive some help from You guys :D
Maybe i can help the 2box community a bit too.

hesca

Hello all!

Im a Music Producer working as a in house engineer, on an company that produces mostly video, but also has a fully equiped audio recording facility.

They gave me the task of preparing this beautiful Drum it 5 kit for recording, so Im figuring it out as I go....

Im not a drummer but this thing sounds and feels so good, that Im getting really into it.

So, expect a lot of basic questions from me.

I´ve already received some amazing support by the Jman, so I decided its proper for me to come forth as an official user of the forum.

:rock:

DeraldPrice

Hi all,

I am a hobby drummer who has owned a couple of Roland kits in the past. I had a TD-8 module trigger by a Pearl Rythm Traveller that was converted using Nerf darts and film cannisters. Worked surprising well considering it almost 100% toys. :)

I now play a converted Mapex kit with state stealthed Zildjian LV cymbals and a 32GB modded 2box.

This setup plays and feels great but has much more of a learning curve than the Rolands so I am sure I will have a lot of questions for y'all.