News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murgen

Quote from: technobeatdrummer on February 27, 2015, 08:54:28 PM
Hello guys.

Good news, I have ordered a 2Box module tonight, and the Pearl E-Pro live goes back.

He is within a few days at home and the party can begin.

I can't wait :) :) :) :) .

Congrats! Ready to help you out in case you need it.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Jman

Quote from: technobeatdrummer on February 27, 2015, 08:54:28 PM
Hello guys.

Good news, I have ordered a 2Box module tonight, and the Pearl E-Pro live goes back.

He is within a few days at home and the party can begin.

I can't wait :) :) :) :) .
Good move, congratulations, 2Box is a giant leap forward compared to the EPro.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

krisondrums

Finally got this all up and running, absolutely loving it!

Kris

Murgen

--------

rush

Reinforcements have arrived! :)

It's been 5 days since I became a proud owner of 2box brain.. I decided to go the DIY route, ordered the cheapest drums I could find (Millenium MX200 8", 10", 12") and now I'm waiting for my package to arrive and hoping I can convert them into six lovely mesh pads..

Please, I need all your fingers.. ;-)

Thank you for all your knowledge and expertise!

I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship..

edcito

Ladies and gentleman I want to announce that after long consideration I've decided that looks are not that important... that's why I sold all my roland stuff and I'm back to the orange side :patbat2box:

Glad to be back among you folks.
Ed

Murgen

--------

doctorwho68

Hello to all drummers out there! I'm not (yet!) a 2box owner, but planning to buy one sooner or later!
...greetings from Italy!  :)

Lustar

Nickh

Hi there , my names Nick, I'm in the Uk and seriously thinking about chucking out my Roland Td6 and getting a 2box. Everything I've read seems to tell me its an awesome sounding piece of equipment.

Murgen

Welcome new members of the forum. I'm happy that even in the Tardis the 2Box will immerse.
--------

tassuperkart

Hello All
Im from Tasmania small island state south of mainland Australia. Ive been lurking around here for sometime.
I play in an 80's revival/tribute band.
We try to clone the tunes rather than cover them so authentic drum sounds is very important for us.
Ive been using an old TD-10 until recently. The old TD-10 has done a good job and is very flexible with a good set of onboard FX to work with. The TD-10 was struggling and showing its age with a relatively limited set of stock sounds that are at best, a compromise.

Our show runs somewhere between 40 and 45 tunes and there is an individual kit built for each song including Simmons SD5! In several ways, I miss the Rolands FX section which is easy to work with and change quickly.
Exporting out the 2Box .dsnd sound files, processing them with 'verb and delay and then putting them back, test playing them and then further tweaking of the drum sounds is a time consuming and laborious task and I have spent weeks on this.

Results tho are really pleasing and Im loving the sounds I have been getting using stock 2Box sound files and many others others I have gathered.

This is my rig which started life as an Alesis DM-5 Pro. Not much Alesis left now apart from the rack, one pad, the kick drum and one old single zone cymbal as a hi-hat running thru one of Jmans hat controllers.
That one Alesis pad is used mostly for percussion or the odd high tom.
I find the kick pad setup dead feeling and unstable with double kicks and thats just about to be replaced with a Mapex 16" floor tom converted to a kick drum and a Triggera trigger which I scored for bugger all.
Toms are all Pintech Concertcasts and the snare is a 14" Phoenix. Visulite Cymbals and Axis A21 kick pedals make up the setup.

Cheers and here you go.

Jman

That's a pretty blue acrylic Tas ..... lookin good. J

Intruder

New here, I've been on VDrums forum for quite awhile. Quite a few names here look familiar. Hey to all.

I'm seriously thinking about taking the orange module plunge to the 5 or 3 depending on what the 3 lacks.
What I am not sure about is should I

1. Keep the TD30 and TD9 (just add the 2Box).
2. Keep the TD30 and replace the TD9 with 2Box.
3. Keep the TD9 and replace the TD30 with 2Box.
4. Do something else. Suggestions?
I currently have 11 pads (all mesh) and 8 cymbals + hihat (VH13).
I know I would need the Jman hihat mod box and card mod.

I am leaning towards #1 and using splitters for 10 inputs to the TD30 and 2Box the rest come from line out / in of the modules. Does that make sense?

Selling one of the Roland's to help finance the 2Box is not necessary but an option I have.
Should I have posted these questions somewhere else?
Soooooo many options!
What would you do?

Jman

Quote from: Intruder on May 03, 2015, 05:37:07 PM
New here, I've been on VDrums forum for quite awhile. Quite a few names here look familiar. Hey to all.

I'm seriously thinking about taking the orange module plunge to the 5 or 3 depending on what the 3 lacks.
What I am not sure about is should I

1. Keep the TD30 and TD9 (just add the 2Box).
2. Keep the TD30 and replace the TD9 with 2Box.
3. Keep the TD9 and replace the TD30 with 2Box.
4. Do something else. Suggestions?
I currently have 11 pads (all mesh) and 8 cymbals + hihat (VH13).
I know I would need the Jman hihat mod box and card mod.

I am leaning towards #1 and using splitters for 10 inputs to the TD30 and 2Box the rest come from line out / in of the modules. Does that make sense?

Selling one of the Roland's to help finance the 2Box is not necessary but an option I have.
Should I have posted these questions somewhere else?
Soooooo many options!
What would you do?
Welcome to the forum, I recognize you as a frequent vdrums.com flyer :)

Well, several of us here ..... like Daniel (fulrmr) started out by simply adding a 2Box module side by side with our Roland module/pads. That is what I would suggest ..... Playing side by side, at least for Daniel and I, it wasn't really either one of our original plans to ditch the Roland modules, but that was the result, because the comparison soundwise is the spoiler.... especially with the open sound architecture and the capability to change out your module sounds at will.
The good news: Pricewise if you know where to shop you can pick up a Drumit Five module for about $899. And when the Drumit Three comes out, with the same amount of trigger inputs and an even lower price ..... multiple modules are quite affordable.

Here's a quote from a thread Daniel posted in a few months back about when he finally decided to ditch the TD-30:

Many of us were not "wowed" with the module right out of the box. I had the TD-30 and 2Box side-by-side for a year and although the 2Box was winning the challenge, it was only after I loaded some kits from S2.0 that my mind was completely blown and the TD-30 was then sold. The boys at Vex do a superb job with the Roland gear (I had most every one you could buy for my TDW-20/20X modules)...but they cannot match the quality of true deep layered samples that are at your disposal in the 2Box.