News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jammin777

hello all, thought I'd join in to learn more about 2box and vst's   
Ive been a drummer for 38 years and played e drums for 16 years. vst's are very new to me and going to be very different that what i'm use to, so i'm here the learn.

ive owned  roland td8,
                              tdw20
                              td30
                              diy kit
and played a td 7 for a couple years.

Jman

Welcome to the forum, good to see you here ..... Daniel (fulrmr) is around here somewhere, and I'm sure you'll recognize a few other edrummer handles you've seen around over the years on the edrum forums. Lots of helpful members here with the edrum passion, Jerry
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

jammin777

thanks Jman, yep ive seen some familiar name on here. :)

newmod

Hello everyone, Just wanted to let you all know that I have joined the 2box world. Just purchase a 2box module 2 days ago and very excited to get it in my possession . I would like to thank alot of the threads here that helped me make the decision, but most of all Jman. Watching your videos and reading your posts inspired me to purchase the 2box module.  BTW your vistalite kit sounds amazing. Im looking forward to exploring the 2box and seeing what the future brings.

dstix

So I guess I'm supposed to pop on and introduce myself.  I recognize plenty of names here from over at vdrums.  I used to post over there pretty often but got burned out.  (moniker over there was dschrammie)
Anyway, I've owned a few different modules, but the one I've had the longest is the TD-10.  I've actually just been using it as a MIDI interface to trigger Superior Drummer.  Unfortunately, my DAW computer crapped out a couple months ago (I can't be too upset...it ran well for probably 10 years).  I transferred everything over to another computer that I happened to have, but it's not nearly as powerful as the previous, plus the audio interface is old enough that it just isn't behaving well at all with the replacement computer.  The result is that I've had to go back to using the built in voices of the TD-10.  It's fine, I guess, for my basement needs...but it just isn't nearly as satisfying after hearing the Superior Drummer voices for so many years.

That brings me here.  I really don't feel like going through the process of building another computer, plus having to purchase another audio interface.  The thought of being able to load Superior Drummer voices to a module is VERY intriguing to me.  So here I am...hoping to learn a little more about this module and hopefully even find someone who may want to sell one used (would be very difficult to get my better half to agree to the cost of a new module...hence the reason I've had a TD-10 for so long!).

I guess I'll get started on reading...a lot.  Looks like the process of loading Superior to the 2box Drumit5 is a little involved, and I'll have to get my head wrapped around whether I can continue to use a Roland FD-8 hihat controller and CY-5 for a hihat, or if I'd have to upgrade that stuff as well.

Dave

technobeatdrummer

Hello dear 2Box fans.

What a cool forum here, I'll introduce myself, my name is Technobeatdrummer and I come from the Netherlands.
And I play on a converted A-kit with Pearl TruTrac Heads and a Pearl E-Pro Live RED-box module.
But I find the module not all great sound and wanted to ask you whether it is possible to 2Box sounds/kits load into the Pearl E-Pro Live module?

Would love to hear from you.

Greetz: Technobeatdrummer .

Jman

Quote from: technobeatdrummer on February 19, 2015, 10:14:04 PM
Hello dear 2Box fans.

What a cool forum here, I'll introduce myself, my name is Technobeatdrummer and I come from the Netherlands.
And I play on a converted A-kit with Pearl TruTrac Heads and a Pearl E-Pro Live RED-box module.
But I find the module not all great sound and wanted to ask you whether it is possible to 2Box sounds/kits load into the Pearl E-Pro Live module?

Would love to hear from you.

Greetz: Technobeatdrummer .

No, you can only use your on board sounds or extra sounds/kits purchased through the Epro live Soundshop: http://www.redboxsoundshop.com/

Even if it were possible and the 2Box format worked with the Pearl Epro live, the 2Box module handles much bigger/deeper sample size ...... way beyond the capabilities of the Epro live.

technobeatdrummer

Too bad, so anyway in the future change to a 2Box module :rock:.

THX Jman

Murgen

Quote from: technobeatdrummer on February 20, 2015, 08:38:58 PM
Too bad, so anyway in the future change to a 2Box module :rock:.

THX Jman

Noop, no changes. And NFUZD spec's proofed 2Box is still ahead of the competition.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Skidpuppy

Might as well say hi also... I didn't post much at vdrums but was on edrumming (or was it edrummer?) back in the day. Anyway, I found this site and bought the 2Box module. I could never get a snare sound to my liking on my TD20 and read good things about the Drumit Five stuff so, here I am. I'm still trying to get my head around all the VST stuff, DKit Manager, SDSE, etc. and am still playing around with the demo versions.

Now, I'm tweaking my old A2E kit and have pretty much decided to dump my cross-bar trigger setup having just gotten and tested an Aquarian OnHead. Man, it triggers sooo much better, has zero cross-talk (something I've battled with at gigs) and if something should ever happen during a gig, I can just take off the OnHeads and go acoustic.  8)  My A2E mesh head/cone trigger kits days may be numbered!

Scott, aka. Skidpuppy

Jman

Quote from: Skidpuppy on February 24, 2015, 02:47:03 AM
Might as well say hi also... I didn't post much at vdrums but was on edrumming (or was it edrummer?) back in the day. Anyway, I found this site and bought the 2Box module. I could never get a snare sound to my liking on my TD20 and read good things about the Drumit Five stuff so, here I am. I'm still trying to get my head around all the VST stuff, DKit Manager, SDSE, etc. and am still playing around with the demo versions.

Now, I'm tweaking my old A2E kit and have pretty much decided to dump my cross-bar trigger setup having just gotten and tested an Aquarian OnHead. Man, it triggers sooo much better, has zero cross-talk (something I've battled with at gigs) and if something should ever happen during a gig, I can just take off the OnHeads and go acoustic.  8)  My A2E mesh head/cone trigger kits days may be numbered!

Scott, aka. Skidpuppy

Welcome to the forum Scott! :rock: I am very happy having changed over from the TD-20X's I was playing previously to the 2Box modules. A good thing about the open architecture is you don't have to be worried about getting tired of the onboard sounds. While the onboard sounds and additional extra sounds available at the 2Box website are very good, with the open architecture you can add or change sounds when you want. And the 2Box will reproduce excellent VST quality drums with no latency.

I wouldn't try to talk you out of the On-Heads ..... but just to chime in: I have been using my own crossbar design A/E kits with the 2Box for over 5 years now with excellent results. I actually played my own side by side with the stock 2Box pads and prefer mine. Her is a little PDF I did, it is from a thread dealing with a center mount Hart snare, but the process is similar for setting up the trigger parameters:
https://files.secureserver.net/0swlzF9hPW6IC8  In the thread there was mention of using a Remo mufl ring, but that should not be necessary when parameters are setup right. J

Skidpuppy

Thanks jman.

I have a Hart snare and it's always triggered inconsistently no matter how much I tweak settings. The rest of my kit is DIY and works much better than the Hart ever did. I really just need to rebuild the triggers on my toms but I'm done with the Hart snare and will keep the onhead for that.

digitalDrummer

Hart triggering is generally reliable. Have you checked the state of the foam column. If it's deteriorating, that affects triggering.

Skidpuppy

Quote from: digitalDrummer on February 25, 2015, 06:42:40 AM
Hart triggering is generally reliable. Have you checked the state of the foam column. If it's deteriorating, that affects triggering.

I'm sure others have had better experiences with their Hart drums.  My snare just never triggered that well for me even with my TD20. I had miss hits and edge sounds when hitting the center. I've fixed the leaning cone tower, replaced foam, tweaked and tweaked.....  I'm done with it.

technobeatdrummer

Hello guys.

Good news, I have ordered a 2Box module tonight, and the Pearl E-Pro live goes back.

He is within a few days at home and the party can begin.

I can't wait :) :) :) :) .