News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reekster

- An easy to implement and useful feature would be repeat. Repeat can work as a delay as well if there is a decay setting. For this to be really useful, I like having a set number of repeats so I can dictate "X" amount of repeats, the time in between repeats and decay. Supper fast repeats to create frantic buzzes are cool and everything down to a subtle slap echo.

I'd also like to see a dedicated expression pedal assignable through a modulation matrix that would allow the pedal to be assigned to pitch, decay, sample select and even work as a trigger forward AND backwards. The Dynacord ADD-Two had some of this functionality and I used it all the time.

One other feature sound linking where trigger input X could trigger multiple channels/samples.

HAVOK

nathanotis

Hey all, glad to find you all here!

Name's Nathan. I've been a drummer over 23 years, but haven't played in about 12 years due to circumstance, relocation and other priorities.

Recently I've been getting "The Itch" really bad and gravitated back to Roland's V-Drums because that's what I used to have. They were amazing... Expensive, but amazing. These days it seems their flagship kit is way outta my ability to justify... So I started looking around.

Lucky me.

I'll be joining your ranks this summer when 2box FINALLY makes it's assault on the States.

If you're from the vdrum forum, you know me as Rusafee. If you drive Jeeps offroad, you might know my screen name Tyler Dirden. These days, I like to keep it real. I'm Nathan Otis. I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And dog-gone it... People like me.

I'll be around.

BURNIN AMBITION

2box, bengt, deve, digital drummer, Jman, Brian, Manfred thanx for everything

iola 11
http://www.facebook.com/iola11
www.reverbnation.com/iola11
https://soundcloud.com/iola11
https://twitter.com/iola11band
www.youtube.com/iola11band
www.myspace.com/iola11

TerryV81

Hello guys!

My name is Terry, I'm 31 and live in Belgium. I mostly play rock and jazz music for a little more than 3 years now (I play 2 hours a day almost every day).

I recently bought a custom Jobeky kit with a 2box module and cymbals.

Best regards to all of you guys!

PS) My mother language is french. I apologize in advance for the mistakes I will probably make in english! lol!

Nico

Bienvenue Terry. Another Belgian aboard, I live near the West Corner but mother language Dutch. Don't worry about your English.
How does the Jobeky play ? (I have the Diamond drums)

TerryV81

Hi Nico! Hoe gaat het? :-)

The Jobeky kit is really good! Coming from a Roland TD4K (good kit though) it's quite a big change! ;-)

Murgen

Welkom, Belgische vrienden! I live close to the Belgium border and appreciate the flemish way to speak my native tongue, humour and beer of course. Glad to see you here, I'm a refugee after long years on a Dutch drumforum where 2Box was not appreciated and even criticized in favor of the big R. 
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

mcrackins

Hi Guys,

Been playing 36  years. I've played in Metal, Sleaze Rock, Punk, Pop Punk bands and am based in British Columbia, Canada.

I've been scoping out VDrums for the past year or two. I'm currently renting a Roland TD9 kit and to be honest it doesn't quite cut it for me. The sounds are two synthetic and have that machine gun effect doing rolls, and the size of the drums on this Roland kit are just plain tiny. I stumbled across people talking/praising the 2box kits on the vdrum forum and then began my research.

The Youtube videos/reviews I seen are extremely positive, and I love "from what I've heard" the sound of the 2box kit.

My dilemma is "Long and McQuade" the biggest music store chain in Canada carries 2box, but no stores have them in stock, and they haven't been in stock since January. They also don't have demo kits.
The sales guy I talked to, said I could buy the kit and if I didn't like it, I could bring it back...no hassles...which I thought was cool.

My question is, Did any of you guys buy your kit sight unseen and just bought it?

My music career is more of a hobby now, and I want the kit to keep up my chops, not disturb the wife, and have a simplified way of recording drums for my demos and professional recordings....so this seems to be the way to go.

Any insight, advice appreciated.

Regards,
Sandy

Haggis-man

Quote from: mcrackins on April 29, 2013, 07:51:06 AM
Hi Guys,

Been playing 36  years. I've played in Metal, Sleaze Rock, Punk, Pop Punk bands and am based in British Columbia, Canada.

I've been scoping out VDrums for the past year or two. I'm currently renting a Roland TD9 kit and to be honest it doesn't quite cut it for me. The sounds are two synthetic and have that machine gun effect doing rolls, and the size of the drums on this Roland kit are just plain tiny. I stumbled across people talking/praising the 2box kits on the vdrum forum and then began my research.

The Youtube videos/reviews I seen are extremely positive, and I love "from what I've heard" the sound of the 2box kit.

My dilemma is "Long and McQuade" the biggest music store chain in Canada carries 2box, but no stores have them in stock, and they haven't been in stock since January. They also don't have demo kits.
The sales guy I talked to, said I could buy the kit and if I didn't like it, I could bring it back...no hassles...which I thought was cool.

My question is, Did any of you guys buy your kit sight unseen and just bought it?

My music career is more of a hobby now, and I want the kit to keep up my chops, not disturb the wife, and have a simplified way of recording drums for my demos and professional recordings....so this seems to be the way to go.

Any insight, advice appreciated.

Regards,
Sandy

Hi, yes I bought mine without ever seeing it in the flesh or trying it. I just spent time watching youtube videos etc. Best purchase I ever made!

-jii-

Hi all! New to forum, new to 2box. I currently own a mid-level Roland set for rehearsing at home and had plans to upgrade to TD-30 module to finally start exploring live usage of e-drums. But when I heard 2box, it convinced me so much that now I'm heavily leaning towards 2box. But first I'm trying to find out a few things that concern me.

I have searched the forum but haven't found exact answers to all of my issues. There are threads dealing with the same topics though. Overall my questions would make quite a long post so what will be the best practice to ask them, all in one new thread or to post to an existing thread on the same topic, even if it has last been active a couple of years ago already?

Thank you in advance.

Murgen

From my point of view, one post. Will try to reply where I can.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Loki1

Hi Everyone..

Not been on in ages as I've been working in Australia for 6 months or so... In fact, my amazing kit ive made with the help of people on here offering their advice and sounds is still in Adelaide in storage so I ahvent got anything to play other than a Cajon I've just acquired..

But thought I'd say hello to everyone anyway.. Ill get the kit back at some point or ill move my family over to Oz and ship it where I live..  Just fed up of playing my mates HD1 (which I dont feel qualifies for a drum kit in the real sense lol)

K

Haggis-man

makoki

Hi all,

I'm Makoki (Miguel is my true name) from the sunny and depressed Spain. I've been watching the forum for a long term before to decide, but now I'm here with my Jobeky + 2Box kit.

More than 20 years without playing, but a wrong decision on a hard to sleep night get me here again. I'm 48, back to play at 43. So 5 years drumming re-experience.

In the last 4 years I have spend time and money exploring different options before to come to this. Previous owner of a Medeli, Yamaha DTXpressIII, Roland TD-3, TD-6 and TD-12. But finally here....

Accidentaly, I'm electrical engineer, so I can help with some volts, amps and watts if nedeed !! In fact I have tweak most of my kits, even the acoustics for some lights!

Spanish mother tonge. Some abilities in portuguese and french if needed.

Many thanks for read !

edtc

Quote from: makoki on August 05, 2013, 04:50:51 PM
  I'm electrical engineer, so I can help with some volts, amps and watts if nedeed !! In fact I have tweak most of my kits, even the acoustics for some lights!

hi

... it s very kind to offer your abilities to our community... it will surely be very helpfull ...thanx and welcome here