News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edtc

Quote from: Nico on August 08, 2012, 10:14:09 PM
Hi all,

A lot of useful info here ! Made the step from Roland to 2box, actually the white pearl Diamond kit that member ronniev sold long time ago.
Took some time to set it up to my liking, updating the OS to 1.24 made a huge difference. Looking forward to future updates and new sounds.

Regards,
Nico

wellcome to you , and wellcome back to the Diamond kit !  ;)

HiHat

Hello 2 box community,

I've just registered in the hope of finding out more before buying the 2box kit and have already posted my first question :) Hopefully I will become a fully fledged member of the community by actually buying it :)

I tried using ez-drummer on stage with my laptop but it crashed a couple of times then I came across 2box and thought wow that is basically what I was trying to do with my laptop :)

Regards to all,
Hatul.

UC

Hi Hatul, welcome aboard (sorry about the registration problems!).

I'm sure you'll find what you need here, and if you can get to a shop that has a demo kit, I'm pretty sure that's all the convincing you'll need :)

RolandoSep

Hi guys!

I'm a new owner of one 2box drum kit! So now I want to know more things about this kit and also try to get my problems fixed.
I have to say that I've been cheking around in my country and after asking many people..I guess I'm the only one that owns a 2box kit here in Chile. I haven't seen any 2box kits in Southamerica at the moment but I guess there are other around..
I got my kit from Spain because a good friend bought the kit and brought it to me here. I was triying to get the kit for almost 3 years, so now I'm happier than ever!
Hope you can help me and I can show some of my experience with the kit from now on.

Greetings from Chile

(Sorry if my english isn't the best but I try to do my best!)  :patbat2box:

UC

olijack

Hello every body,

Just to write few words on me.

First I'm french and I leave in Lyon near the alps. I play drums for 3 years.
I have a TD4 Roland kit that I've upgraded since one year with new snare, bass drum, floor drum from Jobeky in GB. I've bought EZdrummer to try to find better sounds than my TD4 module but this is not soo efficient. Today, I've heard a lot of good things on 2box and on his sound module and I think I'll change very soon.

I've started to read few topics which are very interesting and I'll continue and participate.

Thank a lot for your welcome. :drum2:

Murgen

--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

edtc

Quote from: olijack on August 26, 2012, 07:29:54 AM
Hello every body,

Just to write few words on me.

First I'm french and I leave in Lyon near the alps. I play drums for 3 years.
I have a TD4 Roland kit that I've upgraded since one year with new snare, bass drum, floor drum from Jobeky in GB. I've bought EZdrummer to try to find better sounds than my TD4 module but this is not soo efficient. Today, I've heard a lot of good things on 2box and on his sound module and I think I'll change very soon.

I've started to read few topics which are very interesting and I'll continue and participate.

Thank a lot for your welcome. :drum2:

Bienvenue parmi  nous , on est quelques francais ici :)

BradCA

Howdy all.

Just received my 2box kit from Scott at Cymbalism music.  Scott has been great through the entire process and making sure I get all the things I need to attach the extras I bought.  Some are still on the way.  Anyway, I look forward to figuring things out after I finish setting it up.  Thanks to everyone taking the time to share information on here to help us all out.  I will do the same if I can help. 

Thanks,
Brad

daebado

Hi, My name is Mark and I'm a current Roland / Yamaha user.  Thinking very seriously about adding a 2Box module to my kit but am trying to learn all I can first since they are very hard to come by for trying out purposes here in the States.

Mark

ipgadget

Hi, my name is Iain and I'm the proud owner of a new 2Box kit. Very impressed with most of it but a few niggles that more experienced members may have some advice on.
Biggest issue I have is playing along with Line In mp3 player, my kit has a seemingly intermittent delay whereby I hit the drums at the same time as the music but the feedback through headphones is fractionally later after a couple of bars. Same type of thing with the cymbals, while mp3 is playing there is quite often no response from a cymbal unless I hit it really hard. Stop the music and do the same thing and it works perfectly. Whilst i'm not expecting identical performance to my accoustic kit this is slightly ruining my feelgood birthday present to self feeling.  :(

signature

hmmm that doesnt seem right ipgadget! i imagine its some sort of setting... mine works fine.

Murgen

I heared on this forum a minor delay is encountered when you have the module in a submenu, check if you have the module in the mainmenu.

I have mine permanently connected to a mixer and from there amp, headset and iPad are hooked up. No issues whatsoever.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

ipgadget

Just an update to my post regarding the delay, thanks for the tips everyone. Finally fixed by combination of software updates (both files, I only updated one) and changing away from wireless headphones. All seems to be good!

Hockeylifer

Hey Fellow 2Boxers and enthusiasts:

I've been a lurker (reader) for a while now and even ended up registering a few weeks ago--but have yet to post.  So this is my one and I'm pretty damn excited about it -- as well as pretty damn excited to be the proud owner of a 2Box DrumIt 5. 

I would like to thank all the good folks on this message board for sharing their tips, tricks, successes and failures with the 2Box because I have learned a lot from you.  Thank you, very, very much.

A quick word about me...I'm a forty-two year old who was born, raised, and educated in New England--who now lives and works in the Washington, DC metro area (Arlington, VA).  My wife and our four year old son mean the world to me and fortunately, they love and support my drumming addiction.

I'm a former Roland and Yamaha owner and while each has its own strengths and weaknesses -- ever since the 2Box came out I've been drooling over its possibilities. 

Happy 2Box Drumming!