News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puttenvr

Nice vid
But 100 samples for 1 snare sound
How large should those files be ...?

Manfred

Quote from: puttenvr on April 15, 2012, 01:39:03 PM
Nice vid

18.3MB for the KA Snare for example. There are 90 layers for head and 10 for rim in this file.

Regards, Manfred

mvanhoren

Now I just need something that alleviates the agony of waiting on the kit!

Jman

Quote from: puttenvr on April 15, 2012, 01:39:03 PM
Nice vid
Besides the number of samples .... One of the biggest factors in how large the files turn out is how long the sustain is. So for a tight dry snare the files are much smaller than say a Floor tom undamped with some room and ambiance. So even with snares built from SD2 or BFD2 with big room, and effects .... the head file would still generally be 60MB's or less, and that is a really extreme example .... generally 30MB's or less since the sustain time on most is 3 seconds or less. That is using 24bit sounds @ 44.1KHZ.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Iluvatar

Hi,
just wanted to say hello to all.
I'm new to this forum, and world of 2box (AND of drumming in general).
I'm not a drummer by any standard meaning, i just like to hit things with sticks, a habbit  I developed as a kind of hobby that won't let me go for last 2 years. Not good at it, but I'm trying, as much as time and my familly allows.
I recently bought used 2box kit in good condition, but without hihat :(.  I signed in mainly because i found a Manfred's thread about DIY hihat controller i'm very interested in, but now I see there is a lot of other usefull information here, so hopefully I will learn a lot from all of you.
So, again, hello to all of you,
and please bear with me and my probably stupid questions I'm about to post around.

Regards,
Sasa

eyerichards

Quote from: Iluvatar on April 25, 2012, 12:13:45 PM
Hi,
just wanted to say hello to all.
I'm new to this forum, and world of 2box (AND of drumming in general).
I'm not a drummer by any standard meaning, i just like to hit things with sticks, a habbit  I developed as a kind of hobby that won't let me go for last 2 years. Not good at it, but I'm trying, as much as time and my familly allows.
I recently bought used 2box kit in good condition, but without hihat :(.  I signed in mainly because i found a Manfred's thread about DIY hihat controller i'm very interested in, but now I see there is a lot of other usefull information here, so hopefully I will learn a lot from all of you.
So, again, hello to all of you,
and please bear with me and my probably stupid questions I'm about to post around.

Regards,
Sasa

Welcome to the 2box forum family Sasa.we are all here to help you unlock the potential of this great kit.  :)

Murgen

Hi guys, just sold my TD3 and ordered a 2-Box MkII. Bit sad because delivery time changed from 2-5 days to 6 weeks. Looking for a faster, alternative, source now. I play drums for fun and not in a regular band atm.

Kind regards, Murgen (Netherlands)

PS if you know a shop close to or in the Netherlands with decent stock let me know.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Murgen

Thank you, PuttenVR. Good to see you here. I managed to make a deal with Dijkman in Amsterdam. I start with their demo-kit and swap it when new ones come in.

Distributeur in Germany (Benelux) wrote better delivery is expected in Autumn.

I expect you upgraded to MkII too?
--------

puttenvr

Nope. I only play my 2Box @home and for that the 1st rack is good enough. In terms of design I even prefer the 1st rack.

Murgen

2-Box hooked to a Allen&Heath ZED10FX mixer and iPad.

--------

CrazyDrummer

Hi guys,

I'm CrazyDrummer (real name Savtug) from the Netherlands. And i bought yesterday a new 2box MkII
I used the DTX-Treme3s for 3-4 years. But the sound of the 2box is unbelievable.
Here are some photo's of me :)

soon new photo's with my new 2box  ;D

Murgen

Hi, Crazydrummer. Lot of Dutch drummers here. Welcome (however, I'm just as new here, as you are).
--------

CrazyDrummer

Hi Murgen,

Thank you very much. I hope to find a lot of questions here about the 2box :)