News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit Five Module Mounting Screws

Started by BungleMeThis, January 31, 2014, 01:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BungleMeThis

Howdy...

I recently picked up a 2Box Drumit Five module to use with my a2e kit. Everything is working great so far, except that I have the module "mounted" on an old music stand currently. It's not quite the finished look I'm going for. I picked up a pintech mount to attach to my cymbal stand and drilled some holes in it and ordered some M6 screws because I read in another thread that those are what fits in the module. The problem is that they don't. They almost do, but the threads clearly don't line up after almost 360 degrees of rotation.

I ordered my 2Box from Hoshino here in the U.S. so I'm wondering if the units shipped to the states use non-metric thread sizings? Does anybody know anything about this? Has anyone that has a unit that doesn't fit the M6 screws found a size that does fit? I'll just head to the local hw store and ask them for the closest thing they have if nobody knows, but I'd prefer to not make my new module feel so promiscuous if I can avoid it.  :)

Thanks for any input...
-Jon

billgtx

I had the same problem.  It is an M6 screw but not 1.0 pitch.  I picked up a bag of Gibraltar SC-0129 key screws and they are the correct size and pitch.  I believe they are M6-0.8 pitch.

BungleMeThis

Thanks a ton!! I went ahead and ordered the Gibraltar screws. They're holding up the bulk of my kit to begin with, so why not let them attach my module to its mount too...
-Jon

billgtx

Well dang.  Ain't nothing easy.  At least not for me.

Bought the Alesis modulemount and the Gibraltar SC-0129 screws.  And the screws aren't long enough to go through the plate and secure the module.

When somebody finds the right magical combination of mounting plate and screws will you post up part numbers?

Back to the search...

Frustrating.

fulrmr

Yeah...I had the same problem. Lucked out a found some that worked amongst all my parts...but then found that the heavy duty industrial Velcro from Walmart actually worked better....and there was plenty left over to make cable ties. ;)

billgtx

Daniel, what mounting plate did you use?  The Alesis has a waffle pattern so not a lot of surface area to stick to.  Also how did you deal with the raised ridges on the bottom of the module?  I tried some pro grade velcro strips but they didn't stick well to the bottom of the module.

I ended up drilling out my TD9 mounting plate and used it.  It's small so I'm not sure how sturdy it will be over the long haul.

fulrmr

Quote from: billgtx on February 04, 2014, 01:36:47 AM
Daniel, what mounting plate did you use?  The Alesis has a waffle pattern so not a lot of surface area to stick to.  Also how did you deal with the raised ridges on the bottom of the module?  I tried some pro grade velcro strips but they didn't stick well to the bottom of the module.

I ended up drilling out my TD9 mounting plate and used it.  It's small so I'm not sure how sturdy it will be over the long haul.

I use an APC-33. Drilled it to match the holes....then when I got  the second module  and found it hard to find more correct  screws...I just applied the velcro to the APC-33.  Now I have mounted all my modules and Gen16 DCPs to an acrylic plate using Velcro. I can turn it upside down and shake without worry. :)

BungleMeThis

The Pintech mount and Gibraltar SC-0129 screws was my combo. Fortunately the Pintech was cheapest when I went to order it....

Pintech Mount: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002F7A8I/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1