News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

cymbals settings

Started by jimmyhoud, December 16, 2013, 11:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyhoud

Hello,

can someone help me to found the good settings for the ride and the crash cymbals to have the best compromise.

take a picture of your brain or tell me your gain/trshold and all things that can help me to find a similar sound and response as the youtube demo on the namm.

thanks for all guys.

see you

jimmyhoud

60 views !!!

0 answers !

wow !  thanks very much! :o

edtc

Quote from: jimmyhoud on December 21, 2013, 05:21:14 PM
60 views !!!

0 answers !

wow !  thanks very much! :o

You're wellcome ... ;)

....but maybe , it s because this question has been answeared  many time here ...

So... it depends on how hard you hit , what kind of sticks you use , and the style of music you play ... Also , I cant give you my settings , i dont use 2box cymbals , i own CY-8 ...

GAIN :  set the gain so only your hardest hits triggers the highest velocity ....

TRES :
...then , set the treshold very low (45 is low..) . If there is no crosstalk when hitting a pad close to the cymbal , keep it as is ... if there is crosstalk , raise the TRES untill the crosstalk desapears ...

After this , you can try the different CURVES , and see which one is better for you ...  curves are explained in the manual ...

All this applies also to the other pads setting ...

have a nice day

Jman

Also there have been improvements with OS updates. Is your OS 1.26?
Setting up the cymbal from the 1.26 manual:
The drum channels CYMB1-3 have an additional GAIN parameter for the bell signal.
First, set the GAIN value (number) for the zone “bow” so that the hardest stroke triggers no bell sound. Then you can press the DATA knob to adjust the GAIN value for the zone “cup”.

I am using my own cymbals, not 2Box so like edtc I didn't respond, but when I looked at the question I thought whoever tried to answer might have to guess since you didn't give much info..... like how old the kit is, the OS version, the specific problem that you are having with your cymbal performance ....... like ... I get bow sound on the bell, the edge doesn't trigger right, I get bell sounds on the bow, bell is not loud enough ...... etc. etc. etc. Otherwise it is only guesswork answering.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

jimmyhoud

thanks for all guys.

i will try to set up my brain.

I'll tell you....

PS: I 've got the last official firmware (1.26) and boot (1.32)
i've got different sd cards 4gb,16gb and 32gb with all the sound i need.

see you soon !

teletom007

Hy,

sorry but there is no perfect setting. that's my opinion after many hours of testing.

tom :(