News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

What's everyone use as an audio interface?

Started by mcrackins, January 25, 2014, 09:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcrackins

I was looking at Presonus firebox, but am leaning heavily towards Focusrite Sapphire 40 Pro.
What does everyone else use?

http://us.focusrite.com/firewire-audio-interfaces/saffire-pro-40

Haggis-man

I use the Focusrite 2i4, its a great device at a great price.

Cheers

eyerichards

I'm using the R.M.E Babyface. Fast for midi and portable.  :)

edtc

RME HDSP RPM , and RME multiface ... old but ultra reliable and ultra low latency ...

Those cards use Cardbus or Expresscard port . I dont know if it s possible to find a steadier soundcard for virtual drumming , and they are very cheap nowdays ...

ElectronicDrumCenter

I use a MOTU 828 Mk3 Hybrid. It is solid and I use it live in my church and it has 8 individual 1/4" outs.

Renegator

RME Multiface here also… I had to get some preamps for mic-ing up vocals and instruments.

digitalDrummer

I have used both the Presonus AudioBox USB and the FireStudio mobile with Windows and Mac machines and they work flawlessly.

fulrmr

Quote from: mcrackins on January 25, 2014, 09:23:37 PM
I was looking at Presonus firebox, but am leaning heavily towards Focusrite Sapphire 40 Pro.
What does everyone else use?

http://us.focusrite.com/firewire-audio-interfaces/saffire-pro-40

I have a FireBox....be mindful that if your computer does not have a Texas Instruments FW card on the list at Presonus...it will be a nightmare....soured my experience for triggering VSTs for years....got the correct card...and it works fine. ;)

Renegator

Quote from: fulrmr on January 31, 2014, 08:01:28 AM
I have a FireBox....be mindful that if your computer does not have a Texas Instruments FW card on the list at Presonus...it will be a nightmare....soured my experience for triggering VSTs for years....got the correct card...and it works fine. ;)

Thats how I ended up with an RME. Struggled horribly with a Presonus… I think the issue was that I using Sonar Producer, but it made me crazy for a while. But when they work, they are supposed to sound great.

mcrackins

Thanks for all the replies. Interesting to see what everyone uses.
I'm using Presonus Studio One Producer for my DAW.

UC

rpb1966

Focusrite Pro 24 DSP, works brilliantly, best purchase for years.