News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

NEW to SDSE.....need some help

Started by rubaja, January 29, 2014, 11:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubaja

Hi guys..
O.k....so i export DSND with SDSE - how do i get it into the 2BOX modol? where do i see the new set?
I feel so nub.....sorry :-(

Lustar

Hi,

If you haven't made the SD card mod you need to connect the module to a computer with a USB cable (same type of USB cables used for printers). Turn off the module if it's open, connect the USB cable to the computer, press and hold the left button just above the DrumIt Five screen (first of the 3 buttons) then keep pressing and turn on the module, it will start in USB mode. The module should then appear in the list of external drives on your computer. While it's connected you can copy .dsnd and .dkit files from your computer to the module. You can copy them anywhere, the module will find them. If you have exported sounds with SDSE, you can copy the folders it created that contain the .dsnd files directly to your module to have the sounds already sorted by instrument and sound library. If you have exported at least 3 kit pieces at once SDSE will have created a .dkit file that you can also copy to the module as a starting point for your new kit.
When you have finished copying the files turn off the module and turn it on again the normal way.
Set up a kit with the new .dsnd on the module, or select a single .dkit by pressing on the first knob then turning it clockwise to select any single .dkit you have copied on the module.

Once you get more familiar with the module you'll certainly want to do the SD card mod, it makes it easier to add files and you can get unlimited memory using 32GB SD cards. Check out the DIY part of the forum for the tutorial, everything you need can be found on the forum.

Don't hesitate to send me an email if you need help with SDSE.

rubaja

Thank you so much for this answer!! - i sent you an email :-)